Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
ATS 2.0T gone, 17 Charger Scat Pack current
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're pleased to announce that we have released tunes for the 3.6 powered CTS models from 2012-2015 in our inTune I-1000 and Trinity T-1000 part numbers.

Tunes for 91 and 93 octane are provided, as well as a firm and a hard shift tune for the TCM. Gains on 93 octane were 12 rwhp and 15 ft-lbs

You'll also notice better throttle response, improved shifting, and better overall performance.

If anyone has any questions, please let us know!

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Besides our local testers, one of my techs went home last night and tuned his Mothers 3.6 CTS, he was rather impressed with how well the car run after it was tuned ;)

·
Vendor
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which tune did he do? I see allot of people just do the 87, I would like the 93 I think but 87 seems popular.
We dont offer an 87 tune for the 3.6.
it knocks like crazy on 87 with the stock tune, you wont find any performance gains trying to optimize it for 87.
There are 91 and 93 tunes for the engine. He used the 93 tune, as we get 93 here regularly.

We are in development of adding support for the 8 Speed tranny in the CTS, it will be added once complete as a Free update.

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm sorry to hear that.
Obviously we can't directly control Fed Ex's shipping policies, but I will look into this.

Perhaps you can check with one of the retailers here who may be able to offer different shipping methods.

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, glad to hear it.

The signature required is there as we have had issues with people claiming they never received product, so its an insurance thing as I am sure you can understand.

I have requested that a note be placed on the ordering page that indicates signature is required, as it used to be there and seems to have disappeared with a software update.

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 ATS sedan
3 Posts
I have a 2014 CTS coupe, 3.6L, performance trim with summer tire package. When I tried to order inTune from Amazon it told me that it is not compatible with my car. Is this correct?

·
Vendor
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2014 CTS coupe, 3.6L, performance trim with summer tire package. When I tried to order inTune from Amazon it told me that it is not compatible with my car. Is this correct?
No, seems they may bot have updated their application charts, but it is indeed supported, all 12-15 3.6 models are currently supported. (No A8 control yet)

Thanks

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
It said the same thing to me as well, but its a programmer, it is compatible to what ever its hooked up to in a sense. Get it, update is and plug it in.. But this is even more reason to order from Amazon, they will take it back if it doesn't work..
Will they fix your car when you brick it?

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
I wish someone would say if its worth all this for 12 hp and 13 lbs of torque? Will i even notice anything?
Only you can answer that, but to me "tuning" a naturally aspirated vehicle is a waste of time - there just isn't much that's possible to do.

Turbos on the other hand ...

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,034 Posts
This is amy second, tuner from them in 2 weeks, the first one never got delivered.. No refund has been issued on that one one yet, although it has been processed I think.. $800.00 in tuners and haven't tuned a car yet... your right I'm out of line...
My bad, I forgot to check your credit card records before I posted so that I could see your refund hadn't happened yet. Didn't you just post the other day that "once the refund ids [sic] completed I may reorder through Amazon, so i [sic] may get it without the sig"? I would've assumed that meant you had received your refund.

As for $800 and haven't tuned a car yet, that's exactly why I would think you would wait until Monday to talk to Diablo and figure out what the deal is. You've gone through all this terrible, terrible agony of having to wait to get the tuner, why not give Diablo a chance to help you get it to work?

·
Vendor
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man, I'm sure I could have sorted this out for you.

No ECU found is either the key not being on or the cable not being plugged in firmly...but there's really not much to it.

I promise, I don't see people having this much difficulty tuning their cars on any sort of regular basis.

I dont always check the forums on the weekend, but I do monitor my emails.
If you need something off hours, feel free to email me, mlitsch @ diablosport.com and I'll do my best to help.
If you still have the tool, send me the info.xml file from the intune drive and I'll check it out.
FWIW, the driver is only needed for live streaming data to the PC.

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What changed from when you were getting NO ECU found to where its letting you pick tunes now?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,034 Posts
Good to hear, and thanks for the update. Obviously not many people have done this yet, so it's good to get some actual feedback so others have something to go off of other than just the manufacturer's claims.

·
Vendor
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to hear you are enjoying it :)

For earlier models with a 6 speed, there is full trans control, 8 speed stuff is in development ;)

·
Vendor
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You always miss it most once its gone :)

Glad to hear it has left a positive impression on your butt dyno.

·
Registered
2014 CTS COUPE Performance W/Navi
212 Posts
Well, I have the test Monkey CTS 3.6 ( My car was the test model unit for Diablo) Yes Mike! I still need to come get my Unit! LOL.. ) I can tell you the difference was dramatic from the get go... I love how the 6 spd shifts now and the car definitely boogies on the highway... :Thumbsup:

·
Registered
2014 CTS4 3.6L
2 Posts
First post :)

Just picked up a 2014 CTS4 3.6 last week!
cts1.jpg cts1.jpg

I used to drive a 92 Seville (my grandfather kept it in his garage for a while), so this marks my return to Cadillac. I'm loving the ride so far, except the area I live in right now (Royal Oak, MI) has the shittiest roads. This is definitely the fastest car I've ever owned, it just keeps on going all the way through the acceleration.

I checked out this forum, and decided to get the inTune i2. It will ship today, but I'll have to check it out this weekend. I'm planning on doing the 91 performance tune with the firm shift tranny tune. I am not looking for anything crazy out of the motor, but I was intrigued by the ability to increase the throttle response, and tighten up the shifts.

So far, I prefer driving my CTS in Touring mode. I don't have MRC suspension, so the only changes I get are the stiffer steering and different shifts. The real issue right now is that my alignment is messed up and it is super noticable in Sport mode. I am getting this fixed ASAP (the dealership is covering the cost of the fix), but for now I enjoy Touring mode.

With these tunes, what affect do they have on the drive modes? I'd love to keep the easy steering of Touring mode, but tighten up the engine response similar to Sport mode.

I'll report back here with my results in a few days!

·
Registered
2014 CTS4 3.6L
2 Posts
Okay, I'm back with an update on my Diablo inTune i2 for my 2014 CTS4 3.6!

It's been a while, but that's because I was waiting for Diablo to setup my transmission tune. The engine tune worked right away, but it kept saying "Unknown TCM" so I had to keep sending files to a person at Diablo while he tried to add support for my specific transmission module. Finally a few days ago, he fixed me up and the tune went through.

First thing I did, months ago now, was to install the 91 octane tune with no additional settings changes. I was running 89 octane gas during this period, because in Michigan we have 87, 89, and 93 octane available at most places. It was definitely a noticeable boost over the stock engine tuning. I heard no knocks or anything bad, so I went ahead with the next one, the 93 tune, and started running 93 gas. I am still running this tune and 93 gas. It gives another noticeable boost! It is always pretty good off the start, but you notice it when the RPMs get above 3000 and the horses really kick in. I am pushed farther into the back of my seat until the next shift comes. And the extra power is even better when I switch to manual shifting. It feels like there is less delay from hitting the pedal to moving when it is in manual mode.

Also, I put the car into Sport mode when I feel like accelerating fast. It makes a big difference. In tour mode, it still drives just like stock, there are no downsides, if you know what I am saying. The engine tune is just great. I'm sure it is making a dent in my fuel economy, but I have not really measured it or done a before and after of my economy.

So I finally got the transmission tune, and I chose the Firm tune, as opposed to the Hard tune. I haven't had that much time with it yet, and I've been stuck on <45 MPH roads, but here's what I noticed so far. It seems to put the transmission in a better place to have quicker starts. Like maybe the default tune is set to apply some torque to the wheels when you just start, but with the tune it really opens up the gear right away. That's what it feels like, anyway. Also, I swear the car cruises easier. My old '92 Seville would do this: once you get up to 45 or above, you can let off the gas and the car keep rolling smoothly. Well most modern cars that I've driven seem to keep the gear active a bit, but it slows you down. It feels like that, where when I let off the gas the car will roll for longer than before. That is a really nice feeling. Other than that, I haven't tested the transmission tune enough to say any more.

I'm very happy with the tunes! The Diablo unit itself could be a bit faster though; it takes a long time to boot up. But since you will only do it a few times, it's not a deal-breaker. I recommend this to anyone looking for more power and an overall sportier feel to their CTS or ATS!

-Matt

1 - 20 of 25 Posts