Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac XTS-4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum Guru's of Cadillac!

I have finally entered into owning my first Cadillac a amazing 2013 XTS4 Premium in black with a gray interior.

I have pretty much understand this complicated machine but I have a weird question about the remote start and the climate control which I explain below.

My dad has a 2012 Chrysler 300 which when you remote start the heated seats come on automatically or cooled depending I guess of the temperature. They seats are either nice and cool or toasty when you get into the care after a remote start.

Now I have to say the Cadillac System is annoyingly complicated.

When I hit remote start the car isnt nice and toasty or cool when I get to it and its usually between 5-7 minutes before I get in.
1. Do I have to leave it on Auto for it to at least warm or cool the Car?
2. I realized the the heated or cooled seats didnt come on when you remote start? I tried this in the dead of a michigan winter as well as during the first hot day here in Ohio which was about 80s.

I looked in the setting menu and saw an option that says you can turn on either the cool/heat seats on auto start, but not sure if it mean when you start the automobile or remote start.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but basically in a nutshell I am asking can the heated seats at least or cool seats turn on when you remote start and secondly I assume to make sure when i do remote start to have the cabin warm or cool I have to have the system on auto correct?

----------

Sorry FORGOT TO ADD to ABOVE:

Any way to also turn on the heated stearing wheel when the car remote starts when it is cold outside. My dads 300 when remote starting in the winter the heated seats and the heated stearing wheel comes on automatically.

Thanks

·
Registered
Current=Diamond White XTS Platinum, 3 others in the past
5 Posts
There should be options in the settings menu to control whether your seats are heated, cooled, and whether your vehicle auto defrosts the windows. These options are available in my 2014 XTS.

John Proveaux

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

----------

Sorry... Meant to say the options in the settings menu are for remote start feature.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts