Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pullimg out onto the street and heard popping noises (like gravel). then went over a bump and hit my head on the roof liner, thenrealized I was looking up instead of level.
Got out and the car was completely on the bump stops in the rear end, drove a bit more and was like the worst off road ride.

At the dealer now...anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,810 Posts
How hard did you hit your head? This post makes no sense whatsoever.

CC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does'nt make sense?

The rear suspension airbags were flat, no compressor going, the wheel wells were down over the wheels till they stopped on the frame stops, the car was up in front and way down in the rear, the suspension was non existent so a bump sent you up and down with no shock absortion.

The dealer said there was a TSB on this, but still at the shop.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,810 Posts
Pullimg out onto the street and heard popping noises (like gravel). then went over a bump and hit my head on the roof liner, thenrealized I was looking up instead of level.
Got out and the car was completely on the bump stops in the rear end, drove a bit more and was like the worst off road ride.

At the dealer now...anyone else had this happen?
TRANSLATION:

I was driving and my self-leveling rear suspension failed. The chassis was resting on the hard stops. Hit a bump and the jolt bounced me off of the headliner. I continued to drive and it was like four-wheeling.

Now it makes sense. . . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great....checked today and they had to have a part that was specified in the TSB shipped in (according to the service tech)....it's now been a week

It would seem that no one else has experienced this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts