Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Radiant Silver Metallic XTS Platinum
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked with the service department of WEIL Cadillac and was informed there is an update for my display. Anyone receive notice or have any idea on this update?

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
That's odd...I just called my dealer on Monday to schedule an appointment and after a lengthy discussion, they stated there are no REAL updates for CUE, just minor fixes to address certain issues. The service manager then said it is a case by case basis so only customers running into problems receive updates. Maybe my dealer is wrong? Did your dealer say anything else about it? The term display is too vague:/

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it was a CUE update, but the display for speed, fuel, etc

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Maybe there is an update for the digital cluster...I just have a "cheap" Luxury model so no update for my "old-fashioned" analog cluster:/ Hope the update brings you many new features!

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
674 Posts
I have the super fancy-dancy digital display in my Premium but know nothing about any updates for it, nor am I having any issues so I'll just leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the super fancy-dancy digital display in my Premium but know nothing about any updates for it, nor am I having any issues so I'll just leave well enough alone.
I am not having any problems, either. This was information given to me by the service department. There are times where glitches or improvements in the operating system are found and released to users/owners. If you have a smartphone/computer, etc. you may be familiar with system updates

·
Registered
XTS4 Luxury
96 Posts
My dealer gave my car the update last week. I can't find anything about it on the web. He said it just came out.
I took it in for problems with cue, and I asked for the cue update. They did not update the cue, but did this one instead. Service manager said it should fix my cue too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the update. I asked the service manager what is the purpose of the update and he replied that there have been occurrences of the display blanking out to a black screen. This update is to prevent it from happening.

·
Registered
2017 XTS, 2019 XT5
332 Posts
I brought my 2013 XTS in today and they also replaced the display for the speedometer area. He did not say why it was replaced.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
They are updating my cluster now. (the service manager said the update applies to all XTS models)

Hats off to Fred Beans of Doylestown, they now offer brand new loaners:) Finally, a dealer that listens to customer feedback! (they said lots of customers complained)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'll have something when I pickup my car today or Monday

----------

My dealer gave my car the update last week. I can't find anything about it on the web. He said it just came out.
I took it in for problems with cue, and I asked for the cue update. They did not update the cue, but did this one instead. Service manager said it should fix my cue too.
That's what our service manager told me too... I'm not sure how the cluster and Bluetooth music streaming are related but we shall see.

What did the paperwork say when you picked up your car?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Had my Premium in for oil change/tire rotation today and they reprogrammed the digital instrument cluster as per Service Bulletin 14687A even though I was having no issues.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Fingers crossed that they didn't screw your system up on you by running that update! (I don't believe the cluster update caused my issue but am now very skeptical about any CUE system updates)

·
Registered
674 Posts
This was just the digital cluster update and had nothing to do with the CUE system so I don't think that will be a problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has been two months since the update was done on my XTS, and it is working fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts