Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the touchscreen on my CUE system.....but having hard time finding good instructions (video or otherwise). Does anyone have a step-by-step guide?
thank you,
Mike

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,830 Posts
It is never a good idea to post one's email address in an online, public forum. I encourage you to edit your post and delete your email address before a web crawler harvests it. It doesn't take a genius to craft a convincing spear phishing email containing an embedded link to a "CUE Replacement Procedure" enticing the recipient to inadvertently install malware on their machine/system with a double-click of their mouse. People fall for this constantly, because it looks legit and they were expecting it. Opportunity with a malicious payload make an ideal attack vector.

Follow the posted instructions in the referenced thread to obtain the procedure. Protecting your online privacy is important to me. No exceptions.

PMs to obtain the XTS CUE replacement procedure are required for your privacy protection and to discourage one-post-and-ghost lurkers who aren't contributing members of the community. Being a part of the forums has its privileges!

Thanks for your understanding,

CC

·
Registered
2014 xts
6 Posts
Hello ccclarke. Can I too get the instruction to eplace que please?
I don’t see a Dm option tho?

2014 xts

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,830 Posts
You have to post some more to get messaging privileges. (>5/<10) I think.

·
Registered
dts
12 Posts
I did this replacement on my 2014 when the car had about 80K miles on it. Purchased the replacement screen on ebay for about $100. This is a tedious job, to first remove the display unit. Then to repair the Cue unit, then to reinstall. I view myself as an experienced home mechanic and would set aside 3 plus hours to do the job. Good luck

·
Registered
2014 xts
6 Posts
Tedious is an understatement. Mr. Clarke, a good man, made it doable with confidence.

Hello Clarke,
What to say “thank-you” for the que instructions. Excellent detail and precisely organized. It’s exactly on spot. Never be able to do it without the precise step by step. As always, when finished, have one screw left out.

Your a good man. God is good!

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts