Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Sport
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lease is up on Nov and I decided to start window shopping. While doing so I started looking at lease end turn informatiom and forgot about the 1/8in rule on tire tread. I couldn't find the plastic card they gave at lease so I printed off a sheet from ally. Print was at 100% size. So all of my tires are below 1/8 after 24k miles. Anyone else experiencing this type of accelerated wear on their OEM tires?

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
Are you familiar with the wear bars inside the thread? Has the tire worn to the point that the wear bars are flush with the thread? Is it possible that you measured the depth of the thread on top of the wear bars? This would give you a reading of a lot less thread depth.

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
OEM tires on mine were Michelin Latitudes. I believe they're rated for 60K. They should not be worn at 24K unless the care is severely out of alignment.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Sport
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to have to re-evaluate them. I think the found the wear bars on top and tried to measure from outer part of the outward facing tread. I can't find the plastic template they gave me with the lease and used the printoff which after remeasuring with just slightly off. I don't think I have any alignment issues as wear looks even across all 4 tires and the inflation was kept at 35lbs as much as possible. Some drops during winter. I'm assuming check in the same area I was in, but could be mistaken. This is my first and probably only lease. I'll update again when I recheck. Thanks again for the feedback.

----------

Well I just found the ally wear square and went back to out to take a look. If they are measuring from the center grooves on the as shown in the picture below then I have WELL over 1/8 of in of tread left. I think I was just measuring in the wrong area (the outer areas) I will freely admit when I'm being a jackass which I'm hoping is the case here.

http://www.discounttire.com/product/tires/mmirh0.ang.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to have to re-evaluate them. I think the found the wear bars on top and tried to measure from outer part of the outward facing tread. I can't find the plastic template they gave me with the lease and used the printoff which after remeasuring with just slightly off. I don't think I have any alignment issues as wear looks even across all 4 tires and the inflation was kept at 35lbs as much as possible. Some drops during winter. I'm assuming check in the same area I was in, but could be mistaken. This is my first and probably only lease. I'll update again when I recheck. Thanks again for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts