Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SRX 2013, Trim: Prem, Fuel: Flex, Color: Plat Ice Tricoat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the time of purchase have never been fully satisfied with the CUE.
First problem that occurred was the voice recognition for navigation, no matter howslow and clearly i announciate she doesn't get it right 70 pct of the time.
In the last three months she has become worse, sun roof nor shade would close for two days, glad it wasn't raining and I have a garage. Then she gave a message to
check front camera. Then when she was in navigation mode, she started skipping
words during the guidance. I finally took her into the local Caddy dealer where they
couldn't duplicate any of the issues but I knew that was going to be the case, she's
coy like that. So dealer rebooted the CUE, replaced a music module and applied
some updates. Right now CUE seems to be working better but I noticed that the
orchestra from the CUE has been silenced. Have you ever been to a movie and at
the beginning the THX surround sound would cue up. Well when I got in the car and shut the door and before I pushed the start button the CUE screen would start up
with what seemed to be a light show ending with the CUE but also at the same time
you would hear a sound like an orchestra cueing up. GM technicians gave local shop no explaination other than last CUE update eliminated that feature. Can this be
true has anyone else noticed this situation? Did the programmers forget to write
this back into last CUE update or is their an actual reason it was deleted? I would
like to know because I thought it was a nice touch to the CUE system when I
purchased the SRX and I thought I paid for the orchestra.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
1. Edit your profile and put the trim level of your SRX. Is it luxury, performance, premium, etc.?
2. Read the sticky threads at the top of the forum BEFORE posting and save yourself some time.
3. Search for answers before just posting a thread. It will probably get you quicker answers and most certainly will gain you the respect you need for others to reply in earnest.
4. If you have CUE questions, go to the CUE forum as listed below.
5. No charge this time for all of this advice.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/276928-new-forum-dedicated-cue.html

12,776 Posts
From the time of purchase have never been fully satisfied with the CUE.
First problem that occurred was the voice recognition for navigation, no matter howslow and clearly i announciate she doesn't get it right 70 pct of the time.
In the last three months she has become worse, sun roof nor shade would close for two days, glad it wasn't raining and I have a garage. Then she gave a message to
check front camera. Then when she was in navigation mode, she started skipping
words during the guidance. I finally took her into the local Caddy dealer where they
couldn't duplicate any of the issues but I knew that was going to be the case, she's
coy like that. So dealer rebooted the CUE, replaced a music module and applied
some updates. Right now CUE seems to be working better but I noticed that the
orchestra from the CUE has been silenced. Have you ever been to a movie and at
the beginning the THX surround sound would cue up. Well when I got in the car and shut the door and before I pushed the start button the CUE screen would start up
with what seemed to be a light show ending with the CUE but also at the same time
you would hear a sound like an orchestra cueing up. GM technicians gave local shop no explaination other than last CUE update eliminated that feature. Can this be
true has anyone else noticed this situation? Did the programmers forget to write
this back into last CUE update or is their an actual reason it was deleted? I would
like to know because I thought it was a nice touch to the CUE system when I
purchased the SRX and I thought I paid for the orchestra.
Hello Cadsrx13,

I most definitely understand that audible features such as this make for excellent aesthetics. In addition, I recommend reaching out to our Cue Infotainment team, at 855-428-3669. Also, our infotainment team specializes solely on this platform. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns and enjoy the rest of your day.

All the best,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
SRX 2013, Trim: Prem, Fuel: Flex, Color: Plat Ice Tricoat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Cadsrx13,

I most definitely understand that audible features such as this make for excellent aesthetics. In addition, I recommend reaching out to our Cue Infotainment team, at 855-428-3669. Also, our infotainment team specializes solely on this platform. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns and enjoy the rest of your day.

All the best,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care
Brandon,

I appreciate your information and I will give the C.I.T. a call this week.

12,776 Posts
Great to hear, Cadsrx13. Please let us know how the conversation goes and feel free to PM us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts