Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade. 2011 GT 500 Supersnake. 709 rwhp/733 tq
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Picked up a 2013 platnium last week with 18,000 miles. While driving a
few co workers to a meeting today, the person in the back seat but some arm
Pressure on the bucket arm rest in order to get his wallet out of his pocket. When
he did this, the arm rest broke off (nice for a 85k SUV). It looks like the part is
welded where the arm rest meets the seat. Anyone have this happen?
Dealers around here are so backed up with new caddie recalls, they are saying 2
weeks before they can look at it.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
Tell that moose of a passenger to be more careful next time! �� Actually, I haven't heard many complaints about the seats falling apart... I'm not too fond of them, but they seem durable.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
I've just had to better secure the nut with some thread lock (arm was loose). Once i did that it was fine. I've got some big friends and no one has broken the stem off. That's crazy.

·
Registered
993 Posts
All you need to do is tell a tech to come look at it, and they can order the part. Takes 5 minutes. Are people really that lazy?

I took my new Jeep SRT into the dealership today because I had condensation in both headlights. A dude came outside, looked at it, and ordered 2 new headlights ($1,700). Try taking your truck into the dealer and demand that someone look at it.

12,778 Posts
Hey guys. Picked up a 2013 platnium last week with 18,000 miles. While driving a
few co workers to a meeting today, the person in the back seat but some arm
Pressure on the bucket arm rest in order to get his wallet out of his pocket. When
he did this, the arm rest broke off (nice for a 85k SUV). It looks like the part is
welded where the arm rest meets the seat. Anyone have this happen?
Dealers around here are so backed up with new caddie recalls, they are saying 2
weeks before they can look at it.
Good Afternoon Caddiesteve,

I am sincerely sorry to hear that you experienced this situation, and I certainly understand that you would like to be assisted with this seat concern as soon as possible. Also, I am happy to find a dealership visit in your area within your timeframe if you would like. Please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, and the distance you are willing to travel if this is of interest and I hope you have a great weekend.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
Escalade. 2011 GT 500 Supersnake. 709 rwhp/733 tq
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brandon, cadillac of novi took care of it. Great dealer thanks for checking in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts