Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade. 2011 GT 500 Supersnake. 709 rwhp/733 tq
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here remove them? Would like a little less chrome on the door. Not sure
if there is holes under molding. If there are holes, anyone have them painted?

Thx guys.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
Use a hair dryer to get the adhesive more pliable. Then, use a really high test fishing line (or other non-abrasive, strong, thin string) and work it between the door body and the chrome strip. It's also easier after it's been sitting out in the sun on a really hot day but unless you live in Miami right now that's not happening until summer.

I'm looking to do the same thing you are, let me know how it goes. It'll be a little while until I get to it.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum / GMC Sierra Denali / Mercedes S63 AMG / Lexus LS460 L
148 Posts
I thought there were holes behind the chrome pieces? That's why I was planning on finding some replacements from the Premium to have it color matched.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
I usually just heat it up and get my nail behind it

I know the tahoe/Denali have no holes the escalade might have locating pins so 90% positive there's holes

·
Registered
2010 Galaxy Grey Escalade
128 Posts
Yesthere are alignment holes on the doors for the Escalade. Yukons and Tahoes there are not. I just took mine off to get color matched when I got keyed. So either get it color matched or leave.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum / GMC Sierra Denali / Mercedes S63 AMG / Lexus LS460 L
148 Posts
Delete post. Wrong thread.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
Yesthere are alignment holes on the doors for the Escalade. Yukons and Tahoes there are not. I just took mine off to get color matched when I got keyed. So either get it color matched or leave.
That's good to know. I was worried about having to tape a border so I could align them perfectly after getting them color matched. The holes will make that much easier.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
Color matched eh?
What are they made out of? My 07 Yukon had color matched from the factory and the paint flaked off. It was because the mouldings were made out of rubber, and paint doesn't adhere to rubber well.
I just removed them for a cleaner look. (But wound up with door dings)

I wouldn't mind mine color matched though...

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
Good question on the material. I know the mouldings are different, Tahoe/Yukon is much wider than the Escalade. I've seen lots of Tahoes/Yukons where the moulding had come loose and was curling back at the front of the front doors. I have a buddy with a Tahoe that's doing that and his mouldings are pretty flexible, more than I thought they would be. The Esky moulding feels much stronger, but I have no clue what material it's made out of. I'm willing to give the color match a shot. I don't mind the chrome on the front end but I want to reduce how much chrome is on the sides. Reveal panels, door handles, and door trim are all getting color matched at some point this year.

·
Registered
2010 Galaxy Grey Escalade
128 Posts
They are made out of plastic mold. Easy to scuff and paint. I will be posting updated pics of my truck in a few mins. You can check it out. Also color matched the chrome side vent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts