Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm on slippery roads and I brake lightly, sometimes not enough for the abs to go on, the car spins and turns always to the left. Dealer says they tested it and everything is within specs. Anyone else experience this problem with a cts?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,148 Posts
Your car has issues. So does your dealer.

You have this titled CTS-V. You do not have a V, correct? And your Avatar mentions "soon" about your owning a car. Do you own a car? Just asking.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, it's a V. Haven't looked at my profile in a long time ;) I tried going to another local dealer but they said they can't look at it if another dealer has already worked on the problem...

·
Registered
2008 SRX V8AWD- 2012 CTS AWD Wagon-'17 CT6 3.0TT
149 Posts
Yep, it's a V. Haven't looked at my profile in a long time ;) I tried going to another local dealer but they said they can't look at it if another dealer has already worked on the problem...
That dealer is giving you BS

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Dealer #1 is wrong and dealer #2 if full of crap. It sounds like your brakes are not being evenly applied (left front grabbing & right front not applying equal pressure?). Whatever it is it ain't normal.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought, but they said that the pressure was equal to all brakes. Unless it's the ABS system that's doing something odd.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,148 Posts
First, sorry for the tone of my earlier post. Second, I agree with everyone else - both dealers are wrong.

·
Registered
cts-v
71 Posts
When I'm on slippery roads and I brake lightly, sometimes not enough for the abs to go on, the car spins and turns always to the left. Dealer says they tested it and everything is within specs. Anyone else experience this problem with a cts?
When the dealer tested it did they say that they were able to reproduce it and still say it's OK? If not, then I'd probably ask them to ride along and you do the driving and let them feel the spinning because that definitely does not sound normal.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When the dealer tested it did they say that they were able to reproduce it and still say it's OK? If not, then I'd probably ask them to ride along and you do the driving and let them feel the spinning because that definitely does not sound normal.
No they were not able to reproduce it. The problem is to anticipate a snow storm and t go and ride along with them. The reason why I thought other CTS might have the same problem was the V6 loaner I had seemed to turn a little to the left also while breaking. I was expecting either a service bulleting or other people experiencing the same problem. Let’s just say that when you come to a stop and there is a car in the right lane and your back end is turning towards that car the feeling isn't good. I noticed that if it's raining and I wait at a light that the brakes stick (enough to hear a noise as I let go the brake pedal and move forward). If the car does not move for 2 days and it rains, the pads stick to the rotors and are quite hard to loosen. I figured it was the type of pads and it was normal.

·
Registered
cts-v
71 Posts
No they were not able to reproduce it. The problem is to anticipate a snow storm and t go and ride along with them. The reason why I thought other CTS might have the same problem was the V6 loaner I had seemed to turn a little to the left also while breaking. I was expecting either a service bulleting or other people experiencing the same problem. Let’s just say that when you come to a stop and there is a car in the right lane and your back end is turning towards that car the feeling isn't good. I noticed that if it's raining and I wait at a light that the brakes stick (enough to hear a noise as I let go the brake pedal and move forward). If the car does not move for 2 days and it rains, the pads stick to the rotors and are quite hard to loosen. I figured it was the type of pads and it was normal.
I guess you could be right if your applying the brakes for the first time after the vehicle has been parked during a rain storm. Mercedes has a feature where the computer feathers the brake at initial start up to get rid of the film of water built up on the rotors after a rain.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, brining my wife's ATS to the dealer on Tuesday to get her list of problems solved. I guess I'll ask if they can contact a GM engineer to see if something else can be done.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
I have both a regular CTS Wagon and a Vagon. Neither pull to the left or right - they track true.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
My V wagon tracks true. Wow at dealer #2, really? Your car is definitely not OK and I'd keep pursuing (nicely) with dealer 1.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts