Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS Performance Coupe AWD
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm looking at these black Spec-D projector lights - http://www.carid.com/2013-cadillac-cts-headlights/spec-d-projector-headlights-with-led-38833780.html

I've found that my car has HIDs stock, but these Spec-D headlights are projector.

Does anyone know what would be involved with switching out the bulbs in the Spec-D with HID bulbs? I see that there's only one option for HIDs for this car, and it's D1S (but there's no high beam, only low).

Any thoughts on making this swap?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2012 CTS, thunder grey chromaflair
120 Posts
I've found that my car has HIDs stock, but these Spec-D headlights are projector.
How exactly do you find out whether you have HIDs, or not? Does anyone know what the RPO (GM product code) is for the HIDs?

thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at my fuse box. I had fuses in all locations that indicated that the fuse was for HID. Nothing for the halogens. Also, my headlights are a much brighter white than my fog lights are.

Also, I've read that the Performance and Luxury Coupes had HIDs, and the base model does not.

Keep in mind this is all I know for a 2013 Coupe, can't confirm for anything else.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Performance Coupe -3.6 DI 6 Speed Manual
488 Posts
The option code for HID for 2011 was T4F Fog Lamps was T3U

·
Registered
2008 CTS Premium
126 Posts
Zaerich do not buy those headlights! They are super cheap and horrible quality. There is a whole right-up about them on the forums. They leak the very first day you put them on. They are not worth the money. They will give you more problems than they are worth. One guy bought them knowing they were poor quality, took them apart before he installed them, and sealed them himself and they still leaked.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Zaerich do not buy those headlights! They are super cheap and horrible quality. There is a whole right-up about them on the forums. They leak the very first day you put them on. They are not worth the money. They will give you more problems than they are worth. One guy bought them knowing they were poor quality, took them apart before he installed them, and sealed them himself and they still leaked.
Wow, good to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up not getting them! More and more people told me they were junk, so I ended up not proceeding. Thanks for the warning :) It's a shame though, they looked so nice...might go with a very light tint over the lights to match the rest of the vehicle. I had my front and lower grill Plasti-Dipped black, and left the chrome trim surrounding the grills in-tact. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ended up not getting them! More and more people told me they were junk, so I ended up not proceeding. Thanks for the warning :) It's a shame though, they looked so nice...might go with a very light tint over the lights to match the rest of the vehicle. I had my front and lower grill Plasti-Dipped black, and left the chrome trim surrounding the grills in-tact. Looks awesome!
pictures, please!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pictures, please!
http://s23.postimg.org/kiq8466tn/IMG_0695.jpg
Couldn't do a picture upload because of the dimensions, didn't want to diminish the quality.

This is the only shot I have of it right now, took it shortly after I was done. Someone door'd me in a parking lot, having the dent fixed at the moment :/ I like the way the dip went over the front emblem. Missing my front license plate (applied the same dip concept to the crest there, too).

·
Registered
120 Posts
http://s23.postimg.org/kiq8466tn/IMG_0695.jpg
Couldn't do a picture upload because of the dimensions, didn't want to diminish the quality.

This is the only shot I have of it right now, took it shortly after I was done. Someone door'd me in a parking lot, having the dent fixed at the moment :/ I like the way the dip went over the front emblem. Missing my front license plate (applied the same dip concept to the crest there, too).
Nice! Did you have to take the grille off to do it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts