Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver door will not unlock. The fob doesn’t unlock it, the key will not unlock it.
I’ve crawled in from passenger side and tried to manually pull up the lock and use the inside door handle, neither work. All other doors work normally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My driver door will not unlock. The fob doesn’t unlock it, the key will not unlock it.
I’ve crawled in from passenger side and tried to manually pull up the lock and use the inside door handle, neither work. All other doors work normally.
Got my car back from the dealer today. $440 for new door ”guts” and labor.
They also severely scratched my tint on the driver’s window. They said it was the only way to repair the door and it’s basically my problem now.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,171 Posts
Insult AND injury.
Dealership two for one sale.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2013 CTS Coupe has an actuator (part # 20995846) not turning off radio when door opened after engine shut off. Cadillac dealer charged $140 to diagnose which I already knew from discussions online. Then they would apply that towards a total replacement of $577 (Incl. $350 Labor) plus tax. I paid the $140 and left. Bought new part for $130. Looking to replace myself but never took off any of the CTS door panels. Some say it's easy, is it? Know how to remove the door panel only from some videos watched but not sure what happens after that with wires and disconnects, etc. in order to replace actuator. Anyone know?

·
Registered
2 Posts

usafed
Registered

Joined 2 d ago
1 Posts

#4 2 d ago
My 2013 CTS-V Coupe has an actuator (part # 20995846) not turning off radio when door opened after engine shut off. Cadillac dealer charged $140 to diagnose which I already knew from discussions online. Then they would apply that towards a total replacement of $577 (Incl. $350 Labor) plus tax. I paid the $140 and left. Bought new part for $130. Looking to replace myself but never took off any of the CTS door panels. Some say it's easy, is it? Know how to remove the door panel only from some videos watched but not sure what happens after that with wires and disconnects, etc. in order to replace actuator. Anyone know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts