Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS Perfromance Coupe Black diamond edition, 2004 EXT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone,

Just bought a pristine 2013 CTS coupe performance with the Tri-Coat paint, Nav and I'm loving the car! Had only 7K when purchased..

I've already added the stainless sport pedals, and replaced most of the interior lights with LEDs.

Question- how the heck to I get to the lights on the bottom of the doors? I don't see any way to safely pry them off.

Dealer told me you have to remove the door panel, but there has to be an easier way.

Am I missing something? some of the posts I've read don't mention removing the door panel.

Hope to post pics of car when I'm done.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance AWD, 2014 CTS Performance Coupe AWD
16 Posts
I have a 2014 CTS Performance Coupe and also replaced all the interior light with LEDs. the rear dome light was a particular pain in the butt. I was able to pry out the entire puddle light assembly, not just the lens, to replace the oem lights with the LEDs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, what did you use to pry it out with? I'm going to take another look when I get home and see. I didn't recall it being obvious to remove the entire assembly. Did you remove the door panel for that?

Once I get this done, I'm going to replace the air filter with the K &N which I already purchased. I hear that is another mod that is a PITA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news..Took me two minutes each side to pry the light panels off, and replace the bulbs!! Can't wait to check out the difference tonight.
Maybe it was the 92 degree heat here in FL that softened everything up and allowed me to pry it apart like butter.

Thanks for all the tips! Next up is the drop in K&N filter, which I hear is a bit frustrating...

·
Registered
2008 1SB DI 3.6L AWD CTS
88 Posts
I've read on here that the MAF does not like the K&N since the filter's oil can interfere with it's reading.

Plus I am not sure how much gain you are going to see besides lightening your wallet.

Just a FYI.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ehhh. got a good deal and had bought it, so I might as well try it. I hear the problem is when you over oil them, but this is brand new and should be OK. Maybe I'll let the dealer's tech install it for me when
they do the multi-point inspection. I mean how in the world do they actually check the condition of the air filter if they don't get to it to physically look at it, right?!!

Ok, sorry to go off topic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts