Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
3,467 Posts
Key is to have a different people mover when needful. My Grand Cherokee does that (and is within an inch and a quarter of the same length as a CTS coupe). Coupe has pleanty of room for two on a trip with the rear seat bottom removed and the back folded down.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,129 Posts
Yeah not unless they are dwarfs are they even getting back there let alone sit comfortably.
The looks and styling of the coupe not to mention all my previous cars have been sedans and I rarely had backseat passengers sold me on going with the coupe. It has its drawbacks ( trunk space, backseat) but overall after whining about it I'm happy with the purchase
My wife is 4 feet 11 inches maybe and is very nimble.
My best friend's wife is 4ft 9 inches on a good day and very nimble .

They have no problem with the Coupe's back seats.

They say they are very comfortable.
You just have to pick the correct people.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,061 Posts
I love nibblers

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
3,467 Posts
Suspect meant "nimble" and not the first "n" word I thought. Where's that rabbit ?
Still would take a different car if need to seat four, CTS is best configured as a two-seater with lots of luggage space.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Fix that .

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,061 Posts
Too late.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have a '12 Performance Coupe and love it! Bought it w/ 34K & approaching 45K (2 years ownership) , thinking of listing it for sale soon (coupes seem to be moving pretty well out here). IMHO, coupe ownership is like XLR ownership- you know the short comings going in (teeny back seat & trunk), but the limited production, low, wide look and interior comfort offset it for me. Park a stock coupe & sedan next to each other and the coupe will draw the attention 90% of the time (all things being equal).

·
Registered
16,061 Posts
Smart man not parking your coupe next to a wagon!

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I was looking I definitely wanted a 2014+ CTS coupe. I thank God I only found and bought a 4-door sedan! (2014, 4WD, 3.6L) Looks great and if you want to really impress more than just one person it's the only way to go IMO.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
4 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the group and to the Caddy world. Just got a 2013 CTS as a daily and wanted to share my thoughts. Always loved the CTS -V however, can't have 2 project cars
🙈
(Especially when I moved locations constantly). Currently own a 1994 RX-7 and that one it's enough. Anyway, I'm glad to be a proud CTS owner & hype to bring Cadillac content
✌🏽
Welcome to the forum. There a lot of folks like you who drive Cadillac CTS. I own a 2012 CTS Performance Coupe and a 2009 CTS-V. I love both of them. Some of us tweak our CTS-V to put 500hp at the back tires without going in the motor. Loved your assessment video. Spot on.

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
444 Posts
The sedan has "normal" hinges, not those garbage truck dumpster lift arms you guys have in the trunk of your coupes.
Look at a Coupe with the trunk lid open. There is literally no way to make the gas lifts work. This is one of the few times an American car maker was so seduced by the looks that they extended the middle finger to function. Given the looks, it's hard to fault them for it.

You want to complain, complain about the 1995-99 Monte Carlo. It was a W-body. I've had three W-bodies that had gas lifts. That stupid thing had bigger hinges than the Coupe.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
11,156 Posts
Look at a Coupe with the trunk lid open. There is literally no way to make the gas lifts work. This is one of the few times an American car maker was so seduced by the looks that they extended the middle finger to function. Given the looks, it's hard to fault them for it.
I'm fully aware of the coupe trunk hinges, space, and how they work.

You want to complain, complain about the 1995-99 Monte Carlo. It was a W-body. I've had three W-bodies that had gas lifts. That stupid thing had bigger hinges than the Coupe.
Who's complaining? I was answering this question...

Only car I've ever had (and had lots) with trunk hinges like that. What were they thinking ? Is the sedan that bad ?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
The Coupe is the Coupe. It is not a family car, it is not a wagon or a sedan and should not be compared to anything except another coupe.
CTS Coupe has been described as ''Emotion on four wheels...'' by Ed Welburn, VP of GM Global Design. The Coupe bears a simple but highly detailed body, rich luxury features and a Nürburgring-tuned chassis.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
11,156 Posts
Agree 100% ^^^

·
Registered
16,061 Posts
No question, the coupe is unique.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts