Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the group and to the Caddy world. Just got a 2013 CTS as a daily and wanted to share my thoughts. Always loved the CTS -V however, can't have 2 project cars
🙈
(Especially when I moved locations constantly). Currently own a 1994 RX-7 and that one it's enough. Anyway, I'm glad to be a proud CTS owner & hype to bring Cadillac content
✌🏽

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
435 Posts
My Coupe is my daily, because even though the wife hates the two doors, she loves the ride.

It sucks when shopping because of the nonexistent back seat, and because the seatback latch is broken on my side, so anything of any size has to go in the trunk, which HAS no size and has those (expletive deleted) hinges. As far as just moving two people from one place to another, the acceleration is more than adequate, the braking and handling are excellent, it gets in and out of any parking space just fine, the turning radius is not outrageous, and as previously mentioned, the wife loves the ride.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Coupe is my daily, because even though the wife hates the two doors, she loves the ride.

It sucks when shopping because of the nonexistent back seat, and because the seatback latch is broken on my side, so anything of any size has to go in the trunk, which HAS no size and has those (expletive deleted) hinges. As far as just moving two people from one place to another, the acceleration is more than adequate, the braking and handling are excellent, it gets in and out of any parking space just fine, the turning radius is not outrageous, and as previously mentioned, the wife loves the ride.

Enjoy.
Appreciate your feedback. So far so good. I took my wife for a ride and she loved it as well. We usually take the Highlander for shopping.
It definitely not the civic though. The handling is great and like you mentioned, the acceleration more than enough for a daily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also just bought a 2013 CTS coupe, great daily driver. My other vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler.

About to install a E85 retrofit kit, cold air intake and a tune. Can't wait.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also just bought a 2013 CTS coupe, great daily driver. My other vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler.

About to install a E85 retrofit kit, cold air intake and a tune. Can't wait.
A 3.6L??
You see. That's what I wanted to prevent 🤣. I need to finished this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,051 Posts
To answer your question, Alexa says the CTS/CTS-V Wagon is the answer!

Reactions: silversport

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
3,448 Posts
Oddly enough my Grand Cherokee is the same length as the CTS coupe & also a 3.6. The rear seat latch can be sprung from inside the trunk and is best left down and with the rear seat bottom removed. Then you have a 2 seater with a lot of luggage space.

Only car I've ever had (and had lots) with trunk hinges like that. What were they thinking ? Is the sedan that bad ?

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
11,131 Posts
The sedan has "normal" hinges, not those garbage truck dumpster lift arms you guys have in the trunk of your coupes.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,051 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just wait til you decide to climb in the back seat to clean the back window!

I almost sold the car after I attempted this miraculous feat

·
Registered
16,051 Posts

LOL, you mean climbing into the back seat or cleaning the window?

·
Registered
16,051 Posts

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
2013 CTS coupe
17 Posts
Lol
I have been daily driving Corvetts for the past 20 years so the CTS coupe has been great. Wow cleaning the rear window is hard???? Took me 5 min today with no issues what so ever. The only issue I have with the car is zero visibility backing up but replaced the radio and added rear camera now that is no longer an issue. Way was easier to park than our Acadia and I can fit a a few bags of groceries in the trunk without issue.
Still miss the Vette but we shall see if the C8 ever comes down on price
CTS is a better daily driver but this was way more fun

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI rebuilt to FE3 J55 G80 3.42:1
1,350 Posts

The back seat nixed the coupe for me, I occasionally have passengers in the rear.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The back seat nixed the coupe for me, I occasionally have passengers in the rear.
Yeah not unless they are dwarfs are they even getting back there let alone sit comfortably.
The looks and styling of the coupe not to mention all my previous cars have been sedans and I rarely had backseat passengers sold me on going with the coupe. It has its drawbacks ( trunk space, backseat) but overall after whining about it I'm happy with the purchase

1 - 20 of 35 Posts