Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and i wanted to see if it was still active as I'm purchasing a CTS soon. Just looking for performance and or appearance upgrade ideas along with any advice pertaining to maintenance and upkeep.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe RWD Black
151 Posts
Pretty active forum. I'd say be more specific with your questions to get better responses.
I have an AWD wagon that I bought with 90,000 miles. I changed all the fuilds and dropped the trans pad to change the filter and cleaned out a ton of metal powder from the magnet so I would definitely recommend doing that.
As far as upgrades theres quite a few available, you can put the V brembos on, there are supercharger and turbo kits available. Your first mod should probably be a catch can. Use the search function in the forum as much as possible to avoid multiple threads on the same topic.
What year AWD you looking at 2011 and older has an LLT block and some of the 2012 and up AWDs have the LFX block. There are some minor differences between the motors that will affect future mods so plan accordingly.
Welcome and make sure to post up pics when you pick up the new whip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,688 Posts
Recommend a 2010 or newer CTS. Engine issues with the earlier years. 2012 and after the bugs got worked out.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,013 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and i wanted to see if it was still active as I'm purchasing a CTS soon. Just looking for performance and or appearance upgrade ideas along with any advice pertaining to maintenance and upkeep.

Thanks!
Welcome, AP-

The Gen II CTS subforums are extremely active.
Read up on all the current threads and use the site search to help find answers to basic inquiries.
Good luck with the hunt for your new ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Purchased the 2013 CTS4 3.6. Started working on it yesterday. Got the transfer case and differentials flushed. It has some rust on the frame that I am going to use POR 15 on. I have heard that you can put stock V exhaust on these for pretty cheap. Has anyone done this and or know how easy it is to put on?
Thanks!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,688 Posts
CTS-V exhaust is larger I believe (I could be wrong). Don't know if you have to fab a transition piece off the 3.6 header or not. Still, the V exhaust won't give you the 'roar' you may be looking for.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,013 Posts
Beautiful pic, Arnie-
Too bad those VW's are in it!

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
2,798 Posts
Stock CTS exhaust is 2.25", V is 2.5" I believe. Have to match the type of exhaust to what you have and then the front end has to be adapted. The LFX has exhaust manifolds integrated into the heads and exhaust coming out is 2.5". (Some models have the exhaust coming out of the middle of the car, others on both sides. )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts