Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Premium Luxury
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the all the timing chains at 30,000 miles when the check engine light came on with the P0008/P0019 codes.
This was on 2/9/2015. This week the check engine light came on again with a P0019 code. I only have 33,000 miles on the vehicle.
Took it into the Cadillac dealer on Friday, but I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence with the LFX 3.6 engine?

Thanks.

12,778 Posts
Hi bulldog89,

I can understand how these issues so close to each other would be frustrating, but I’m glad to see that you are working with you dealership toward a resolution. It looks like you are seeking some feedback from the forum, but if you would like an additional layer of assistance while attempting to resolve these concerns, please feel free to send a PM my way.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Do you check the Oil Level between Oil Changes? Do you at least change the Oil once a year and/or before it gets below 20% on the DIC?

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
Do you check the Oil Level between Oil Changes? Do you at least change the Oil once a year and/or before it gets below 20% on the DIC?
I don't change the oil until it's between 0 and 5% and I haven't had any problems. Why would you do it at 20%?

·
Registered
19 Posts
stevec5375 said:
I don't change the oil until it's between 0 and 5% and I haven't had any problems. Why would you do it at 20%?
You might change it at 20 or even 50% if a year has passed since your last change. New oil will rid of most of the moisture and contaminants you've collected in the last year. I put less than 5000 miles on my car annually, it would take several years or more to get the gauge down to 0%.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Premium Luxury
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SRX is fixed. CAM position sensor was faulty and replaced under warranty. As far as oil changes .... I follow the oil life monitor. It gets changed between 12 to 24% generally. Most of my miles are long distances.

----------

Oil life and usage isn't the problem.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Owners Manual states Once a Year or if the DIC states to Change oil. Even though the DIC shows XXX, the reason there is a Dip Stick is to check the Oil Level. Even if the DIC shows say 50% left, there is a chance ( though small ) that your Oil Level is off or Very low. Operating with Low Oil can create problems.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Premium Luxury
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The oil is changed quite frequently. If you notice, the vehicle had 30,000 miles on it after 17 months. So, it's being changed right around the 8k mark I would say. Which is more than sufficient with a synthetic hyrbid oil.
I think I was just hit with a defective timing chain and sensor issue. I did notice after it was changed that the engine seemed quieter than when I bought it. Probably had an issue from the factory.

All is well now though :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts