Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRX Luxury/AWD
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a 2013 Cadillac had to have their HMI unit replaced? If so, given the factory installed unit was a Bosch 1.1, do you know if the replacement unit was the same or was the Bosch 2.0 unit? According to Bosch (who supplies the units to GM, there are no compatibility issues).

Just want to know if anyone has first hand experience, as my HMI has to be replaced.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD
70 Posts
Mine was replaced with 2.0 from 1.1. Runs a bit faster. If you are getting it replaced, make sure you tell the tech to load the latest firmware, if he just simply did a backup of old firmware then load it on to new HMI it will not have the latest and greatest performance. Software in cars these days are like 50% of the car.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Luxury/AWD
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, and I couldn't agree more with your statement about software!

Mine was replaced with 2.0 from 1.1. Runs a bit faster. If you are getting it replaced, make sure you tell the tech to load the latest firmware, if he just simply did a backup of old firmware then load it on to new HMI it will not have the latest and greatest performance. Software in cars these days are like 50% of the car.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Luxury/AWD
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What amazes me is that some Cadillac Service Departments have the knowledge base to perform certain tasks, while others do not. One would think when new components are put out or updated that training would be provide to all of the service folks.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Luxury/AWD
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You would have to remove the unit (it is located under the glove box). The easy answer is, if you have not had to have your HMI unit replaced, all 2013's came off the line with the Bosch HMI unit V1.1.

How do you tell which HMI version the car has?

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Seville SLS
4 Posts
How much did you pay to have the swap and firmware upgraded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts