Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'12 CTS 3.6, '06 Corvette
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought an offset bracket, holder, and frame and installed just below pass side fog light---didnt come with the fog light
Passenger side still jacked up
2015-06-03 18.20.21.jpg
2015-06-03 18.20.50.jpg

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
It looks as though that frame hangs below the rubber strip? If so, I don't know how you would negotiate any driveways. I slightly scrape the rubber on my coupe every time I pull into mine.

Shakey

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks as though that frame hangs below the rubber strip? If so, I don't know how you would negotiate any driveways. I slightly scrape the rubber on my coupe every time I pull into mine.

Shakey
the plate is not below the rubber strip. its the picture angle that makes it look like it is. This Post is to show an alternate location for the front plate. Texas is still a 2 plate state, my vettes plate is similar. Sort of a flush mount way to give the front cleaner lines asthetically.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
Virginia is a two plate state as well. I just don't run one on the front. So far so good. But if I get a ticket, I will just pay it. I hate a front plate on a nice car. On my wife's Lincoln and my Jeep, I don't really care.

Shakey

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,813 Posts
That picture with bolts...that pains me.

I had an MGB in Ohio that required two plates. I'm with you, Shakey, I ran naked in front, too. If I got nailed then so be it...I got caught. Pay up and keep on driving.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I would do that if the tickets were infrequent, but here in Va Beach the police look for every little thing constantly. They even patrol local mall parking lots and shopping centers looking for infractions. :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That picture with bolts...that pains me.

I had an MGB in Ohio that required two plates. I'm with you, Shakey, I ran naked in front, too. If I got nailed then so be it...I got caught. Pay up and keep on driving.
The bolts are on the underneath behind the lower air dam

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
I've never been a fan of this. Either no front plates at or, or tie wrap it to the center of the lower grill.....but to each their own

1 - 11 of 11 Posts