Cadillac Owners Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
652 Posts
Thanks for the update! Good to hear the china bearings are doing ok, especially with the higher power output of your modified engine.

This thread has been very informative, I'm sure one on how you modified your engine would be too.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Guys!
As it turned out, my experience will be useful in the USA. I repaired my rear axle on my cadillac ATS 2013 AWD Performance. If you have 2.0T ATS, then you have 195mm rear axle, and not LSD. Maybe my experience will be useful for LSD, but 100% will be useful for those who have ATS 2.0T, CTS 2.0T.

It is my differential on picture.
View attachment 601554 View attachment 601555

View attachment 601556 View attachment 601585

After removing the axle you remove the cover, the differential mount, the wheels drive, we get a couple, knock out the side bearings. The heaviest are the rings on the side bearings side.

View attachment 601558 View attachment 601559 View attachment 601557

When we opened my differential, we saw that the large front bearing was broken. The bearings used in my differential were KOYO and F A G. The good news was there were numbers on the bearings. I found the bearings I needed on Alibaba (Shandong Hanke Bearing Co., Ltd. - Deep groove ball bearing,ball bearing)
Bearing numbers:
KOYO F-577158 - front large. KOYO F-574658 - front small. KOYO LM501349 / 14 - side. Seller Sarah Wang of Shandong Hanke Bearing Co., Ltd.
Numbers of gaskets and seals:
22772331 - cover gasket, 22993016 - rear axle shaft oil seal (2pcs), 92230584 - shank oil seal.
She helped with the choice, delivery and sent me all the photos with my bearings.

I found the repair manual for the 2015+ CTS 3 and explored all the information on repairing the rear differential. I made a manual for a mechanic. Rear Differential.pdf

The main thing is the tightening torque of the shaft nut, and of the rest of the fastening nuts. If you choose the wrong tightening torque, the couple may break.
View attachment 601583 View attachment 601582

The manual says: Tighten the NEW rear wheel drive shaft flange nut to 105 N.m (77 lb ft) until the pinion end play is just taken up.

Used differential in Russia - from 1500 $
New differential in Russia - from 3000 $
Used differential from Ukraine or other countries (without delivery) - from 350 $

I paid for 1 sets bearings (2 front, 2 side), all seals, the delivery, repair work - about 300 $.
I don’t know will the repair be profitable in the USA, but in Russia it was profitable.

If you have any questions, ask me. Who needs help, write. If someone wants to buy bearings, I will write the seller's phone number (Sarah Wang)
How
Hi, Guys!
As it turned out, my experience will be useful in the USA. I repaired my rear axle on my cadillac ATS 2013 AWD Performance. If you have 2.0T ATS, then you have 195mm rear axle, and not LSD. Maybe my experience will be useful for LSD, but 100% will be useful for those who have ATS 2.0T, CTS 2.0T.

After removing the axle you remove the cover, the differential mount, the wheels drive, we get a couple, knock out the side bearings. The heaviest are the rings on the side bearings side.

When we opened my differential, we saw that the large front bearing was broken. The bearings used in my differential were KOYO and F A G. The good news was there were numbers on the bearings. I found the bearings I needed on Alibaba (Shandong Hanke Bearing Co., Ltd. - Deep groove ball bearing,ball bearing)
Bearing numbers:
KOYO F-577158 - front large. KOYO F-574658 - front small. KOYO LM501349 / 14 - side. Seller Sarah Wang of Shandong Hanke Bearing Co., Ltd.
22772331 - cover gasket, 22993016 - rear axle shaft oil seal (2pcs), 92230584 - shank oil seal.
She helped with the choice, delivery and sent me all the photos with my bearings.

I found the repair manual for the 2015+ CTS 3 and explored all the information on repairing the rear differential. I made a manual for a mechanic. Rear Differential.pdf

The main thing is the tightening torque of the shaft nut, and of the rest of the fastening nuts. If you choose the wrong tightening torque, the couple may break.

The manual says: Tighten the NEW rear wheel drive shaft flange nut to 105 N.m (77 lb ft) until the pinion end play is just taken up.

Used differential from Ukraine or other countries (without delivery) - from 350 $

I paid for 1 sets bearings (2 front, 2 side), all seals, the delivery, repair work - about 300 $.
I don’t know will the repair be profitable in the USA, but in Russia it was profitable.

If you have any questions, ask me. Who needs help, write. If someone wants to buy bearings, I will write the seller's phone number (Sarah Wang)
pasharin how did you remove the lock nut with the 4 points? I can’t find a tool to do it.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Guys!

When we opened m, we saw that the large front bearing was broken. The bearings used in my differential were KOYO and F A G. The good news was there were numbers on the bearings. I found the bearings I needed on Alibaba (Shandong Hanke Bearing Co., Ltd. - Deep groove ball bearing,ball bearing)
Bearing numbers:

Should I describe the process of replacing pistons?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
How do I remove this nut, Can someone please help?

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi, Guys!

Bearing numbers:

If I was to ask you what parts I need to rebuild my differential can you tell me I have a cyst 2014 3.45ratio rwd. No lsd.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi, Guys!

Bearing numbers:

Can I get the number so I can get the parts

· Registered
8 Posts
LoV to know the bearing part numbers!

That particular diff is $1600. But you can't even get them caddy has none!

THose particular rears with the cast iron housings go for $1600. Same problem with my CTS! THE PARTS ARENT AVAILABLE backorder indefinitely. I used the ATS rear and axles in my CTS. Perfect!
Do you know what yr diff you used

· Registered
8 Posts
I went down the infinite rabbit hole on this one. I was unable to find anything. And with the world and what is going on in Ukraine everything f’ed. i ended up using a camaro difential. But i also bought a used one as a spare. A new differential one was 6 month back order and even then couldn’t promise it would arrive. The problem is gm has the patent on the bearing and no one will sell to just everyday customers took me a month to figure i couldn’t get no where. I found the bearing but with shipping to the us was $900
I just got my differential from China Shipping was only 200 bucks. 1800 for a new differential plus 200 for shipping. I thought I was going to get fucked on this but I didn’t. Going to take the old one and rebuild it. You can get the beings from over seas. I got the bearing numbers from this guy off here but I am going to check my old bearings when I take them off. Might cheap it for back up. Not sure yet. My differential was for a 2014 cts rwd 3.45 ratio. And it only took a week n half to get here.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts