Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me figure out how to find the passenger floor lamp connector? I recently bought another ATS and when I went to swap out my factory bulbs for some reason the passenger floor lamp was not connected. I believe the wire connector could possibly up within the wiring but I cant figure out how to get that panel off? I took off all the screws that I saw visible and it wasn't a clipped section as it began to crack and bend when I tested to see. Is there a screw hidden or something im missing?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Premium AWD
57 Posts
Do you mean you are trying to replace the passenger side floor lamp under the glove box? If so, that entire black panel has to come off, but the secret is the HVAC control unit is fixed to it and has to be disconnected too as the panel holds it in place. The HVAC control unit is behind a mini-panel in the main panel on the far right, next to the door jamb as you look up. There are four plugs that need to be removed.

According to the service manual (which I have), you need to plug the brown one in LAST when you plug it all back in, and then let the car recalibrate the HVAC. This amounts to letting the car start up and sit without touching the HVAC controls for several minutes after start up. Let me know if you need more info, I can try to look it up in the manual.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that small panel that is on the right I took off when I tried last time, there is just the HVAC inside of that panel in which needs to be removed before getting the entire main panel off itself? Yes im trying to replace the floor bulbs, I pulled out the holder for the bulb just to find that there was nothing connected to it feeding it power so im assuming that the connector for it is up in that wiring under that panel.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Premium AWD
57 Posts
Hello,

I'm sorry for the long time in replying, the holidays and what not got in the way of me checking the manual. I've attached two photo graphs from the service manual which show all the screws and pieces that have to come apart to get that panel off. The key is removing the HVAC control unit from underneath what GM calls the "insulator panel hole cover" (I swear they were having fun coming up with names for all of these parts).

The key to remember is that if you do not disconnect the battery after removing that module, you MUST reconnect the brown connector on that module LAST. That is straight from the service manual; you also need to perform a calibration, which amounts to nothing more than starting the vehicle after installation and letting it sit there for a few minutes without touching the HVAC controls. Fairly straight forward, but without the manual we'd never know this.

I've not removed this panel before but looked into it when I wanted to remove my blower motor for leaves.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts