Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 AND 2012 SRX
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experiencing a low fan like whine under light acceration? I had the dealer shop foreman take a ride to hear the noise (WHICH HE DID) However when I picked the car up I got the old standard it is typical of this vehicle.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2015 ATS Premium 3.6 Coupe RWD built 12/2014
52 Posts
Haven't noticed any noise, 2015 3.6 2500 miles.

Will pay closer attention and will update if it does.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
interesting. Electric fans typically run off coolant temp and whether the A/C is on. The programming is generally independent of rpm and throttle position.
Does it happen when the car is cold or warming up?
Does your car have the aero shutters?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 AND 2012 SRX
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No shutters...seems to be coming out by the cue system. Does it eeven when CUE is off and at anyspped as long as only slight pressure on gas pedal.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
I have a fan clicking sound under light acceleration. It's not all the time.. Sort of rare, but heard it numerous times. Usually shortly after starting the car and taking off. Lasts about 5-10 seconds and then goes away. Sounds like its from the center dash area. Not sure if its the same noise or not. Haven't bothered to take it in because it's impossible to reproduce on demand.

12,778 Posts
Anyone experiencing a low fan like whine under light acceration? I had the dealer shop foreman take a ride to hear the noise (WHICH HE DID) However when I picked the car up I got the old standard it is typical of this vehicle.:rolleyes:
Hi all,

I see that some of you are experiencing a fan noise concern with your ATS. Additionally, I am more than happy to look further into this situation for you. Also, I am able to document this concern for review by our internal resources at the very least. Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,669 Posts
I have heard this too but I believe it is alternator whine through the audio system, does the pitch follow engine speed? I rarely notice it and not enough to bother with, I only notice when audio system is active and between audio tracks.

·
Registered
2014 ATS4 Performance 3.6L, 2014 Jeep GC EcoDiesel
120 Posts
I think I notice this from time to time as well with my 3.6. It is a light whirring sound at partial throttle that does change pitch slightly with additional throttle. Do not notice it most of the time, but I do hear it often enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts