Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 ATS Luxury 3.6 AWD, engine code is (3) in the VIN, so I'm assuming it's the LFX engine. Is this positively E85 capable? I have read these are E85 ready from the factory. I DON'T have a yellow cap. I've been wanting to try E85 to see if I get any noticeable power gains, but I've been hesitant worrying that I could damage the engine. I have a few subtle mods right now, a high flow air filter, throttle body spacer, magnaflow axle back exhaust, and Thornton performance chip plugged in. I think the E85 might just give me the little more power I'm looking for, but I want to be sure it will be OK. I'm under the assumption that even though I don't have the yellow cap, it is still E85 ready and won't damage the engine, but I want to be positive. The dealer hasn't been much help with their answers. Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
524 Posts
Flex Fuel was an option. Mine has it, so it has the yellow cap that says "E85/gasoline" on it.

zzperformance has a flex fuel conversion kit/tune for the 2.0 IIRC, you might want to contact them to see if they offer it for the 3.6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts