Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 cadillac ats 2.0t
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my Cadillac ATS 2.0 T RWD has catch can,downpipe,catless intake,and full 3" exhaust and diablo tuner.
first pull was just the pre loaded diablo tune made 214.29Hp 271.12 Torque

then with some tuning made 308.83Hp 360.72 Torque
not to bad for 4 cylinder

I have a turbo, intercooler,and k&n air filter coming for it so will re tune when its all on hope to make 400Hp when all done we will see and I will post what happens when I get stuff

Want to say big thanks to Trent Stanley from TRS Fabrication for all the parts everything I have on the
car was made by him
Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

B

·
0 Posts
2013 2.0t awd k&n drop in, intake tube, catless downpipe, cat back exhaust, and water methanol injection.
340.34tq 271.32hp. Not bad I need a better tune. Does anyone have any input on better spark plugs or gaping for stock plugs for better performance?
Thanks

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
so my Cadillac ATS 2.0 T RWD has catch can,downpipe,catless intake,and full 3" exhaust and diablo tuner.
first pull was just the pre loaded diablo tune made 214.29Hp 271.12 Torque

then with some tuning made 308.83Hp 360.72 Torque
not to bad for 4 cylinder

I have a turbo, intercooler,and k&n air filter coming for it so will re tune when its all on hope to make 400Hp when all done we will see and I will post what happens when I get stuff

Want to say big thanks to Trent Stanley from TRS Fabrication for all the parts everything I have on the
car was made by him
Thanks!!!!!
Do you have an automatic or a manual transmission?

Does anyone know how much power the transmission can handle?

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,637 Posts
Does anyone know how much power the transmission can handle?
My understanding is that transmission torque ratings are usually based on high gear because the weakest links have higher loads in top gear. So the torque limits are considerably higher in lower gears. That means that the engine torque peak could be higher than the transmissions limit without over stressing the transmission (and some other components) IF the car isn't capable of achieving the peak torque RPM in top gear due to drag. In that case as long as the torque in top gear at the maximum capable speed was lower than the torque limits of the transmission, all should be okay.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
^^^ That's not the case for the ATS turbo since 3000 rpm in top gear is easily achieved in both trannies.

But it does point out that if an owner increases the power significantly, going to WOT in higher gears rather than downshifting, could increase the risk of failure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts