Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ATS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the web high low to find the location of the camshaft sensor. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
ATS
1 Posts
I'm looking for that same info as well so when I take the wife's 2.5L into the dealership I'm a little educated. Car's getting a P0014 code and we also got a letter for GM recently that there might be a recall associated with a camshaft wire issue.
Mikey is this your issue as well?

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,454 Posts
Remove the engine cover... Your cam sensor's are the little blue do dads in the photo below.
Just remove the clip holding the electrical connection and 1 bolt to replace. Shouldn't take more than 20 mins the cover, replace both sensors and put the cover back on.
Intake side - 12662736
Exhaust side - 12662737

.. rx_sys_cc_rr 00.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
ARe you trying to show the intake’exhaust solenoids? Because I dont believe thats what they were looking for. The camshift position sensor not the solenoid. Do you know where that goes. Im looking for the same thing.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS
175 Posts
I just looked at my 2013 2.5 and found the sensors on the back of the engine, near the firewall. There is a piece of insulation that covers the back of the engine, and it fits snugly between the engine and the firewall. Figure out how to remove that piece of insulation and the sensors are easy to get to. The solenoids at the front change the valve timing by rotating the cam chain sprocket, the sensor tells the ECM where the cam is positioned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just looked at my 2013 2.5 and found the sensors on the back of the engine, near the firewall. There is a piece of insulation that covers the back of the engine, and it fits snugly between the engine and the firewall. Figure out how to remove that piece of insulation and the sensors are easy to get to. The solenoids at the front change the valve timing by rotating the cam chain sprocket, the sensor tells the ECM where the cam is positioned.

Would you happen to have a picture of exactly where? I have been battling to find it in my 2.5L 2013 also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts