Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2012 Town Car is a wagon.

5K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  77CDV 
#1 ·
http://jesda.com/2011/02/15/2012-lincoln-mkt-town-car/

http://www.freep.com/article/201102...-poll-Lincoln-s-new-limos-keep-Town-Car-name-

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spied/10q4/2012_lincoln_mkt_hearse-future_cars/gallery

I'd rather be cremated.

Car and Driver said:
Lincoln previously told us that the MKT would be filling the Town Car’s livery roles. What we didn’t expect was that any such results would be so unsightly. While the MKT is a bit awkward looking to begin with, stretching it a couple of feet between the wheels, adding about six inches of rear overhang, and then capping the roof with what appears to be a swamp boat that flipped over and crashed makes a strong case for cremation.

We find it inconsistent that funeral directors spend so much time and effort beautifying their clients only to transport them in the back of this thing.

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm waiting for when those things crap out after 100,000 miles of heavy use (whether livery, cab, or hearse), and are probably 25-50% more than a comparable Panther.

Then I'll laugh.

And I'm sure that ugly thing is what every bride dreams of leaving the church in...

#10 ·
Most of the weddings that I have been (forced to go to lately) the bride has demanded, and gotten, a vintage Rolls-Royce to cart her to the alter. They have all been white, and to be honest monotonous as hell! So maybe the retro hearse idea has some merit!

#9 ·
100,000 miles of heavy hearse usage :eek: Sort of humorous when you think of a hearse hopping curbs, doing holeshots, and making laps around the cemetary :p

But really, the D3 is a beast of a platform. I'm sure it will at least meet and probably even exceed the panther's performance and reliability characteristics.

#11 ·
This is awful. I hope when I die they'll drive me to the cemetary in some sort of '80s era full sized hearse....Brougham, Town Car, et al.

#13 ·
They're not...it's an MKT. (Not that that's good...)

EDIT: OMG, nevermind -- I actually just read the article. How blasphemous...

#15 ·
How old can a vehicle be before clients don't want to ride in them? Say you picked up a couple of low mileage '09s or something that had dropped in price...at what point do they become undesirable? Age or mileage/condition?

#16 ·
On my '07 I can turn off the odo. Everyone thinks it's new. The problem is when sensors and little knick knacks start failing as you near and pass 200,000 miles. If you can put up with that, drive it to 500,000. But my company wants us to keep our cars under 150,000. But they let me go a bit over. I'm at 195,000 right now...

#17 ·
Do you get Ls or standard wheelbase? I'd be scoping out some '03+ creampuffs, get a couple of them and split the miles between them. Of course, your insurance would probably screw you then...

#19 ·
The next post will be Drew... Tick tock...tick tock...

#28 ·
I wonder what Dullahan will think of this? :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.