Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://jesda.com/2011/02/15/2012-lincoln-mkt-town-car/

http://www.freep.com/article/201102...-poll-Lincoln-s-new-limos-keep-Town-Car-name-

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spied/10q4/2012_lincoln_mkt_hearse-future_cars/gallery

I'd rather be cremated.

Car and Driver said:
Lincoln previously told us that the MKT would be filling the Town Car’s livery roles. What we didn’t expect was that any such results would be so unsightly. While the MKT is a bit awkward looking to begin with, stretching it a couple of feet between the wheels, adding about six inches of rear overhang, and then capping the roof with what appears to be a swamp boat that flipped over and crashed makes a strong case for cremation.

We find it inconsistent that funeral directors spend so much time and effort beautifying their clients only to transport them in the back of this thing.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,750 Posts
I'm offended.

I'd definitely rather be cremated. Or dumped in a river, jeez.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
...and then capping the roof with what appears to be a swamp boat that flipped over...

:rofl:

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Hearses have been growing uglier over the years, but this is rediculous! Maybe this will start a move to retro-hearses. A 1955 Cadillac hearse wouldn't be a bad start, bet it would geta lot of business from the families of car guys!

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
Wow, that's really bad. I'd rather spring for a Kia Optima Hearse.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
I'm waiting for when those things crap out after 100,000 miles of heavy use (whether livery, cab, or hearse), and are probably 25-50% more than a comparable Panther.

Then I'll laugh.

And I'm sure that ugly thing is what every bride dreams of leaving the church in...

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
that just makes me sick

goes again all my beliefs im jewish and against cremation but please burn me

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
100,000 miles of heavy hearse usage :eek: Sort of humorous when you think of a hearse hopping curbs, doing holeshots, and making laps around the cemetary :p

But really, the D3 is a beast of a platform. I'm sure it will at least meet and probably even exceed the panther's performance and reliability characteristics.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I'm waiting for when those things crap out after 100,000 miles of heavy use (whether livery, cab, or hearse), and are probably 25-50% more than a comparable Panther.

Then I'll laugh.

And I'm sure that ugly thing is what every bride dreams of leaving the church in...
Most of the weddings that I have been (forced to go to lately) the bride has demanded, and gotten, a vintage Rolls-Royce to cart her to the alter. They have all been white, and to be honest monotonous as hell! So maybe the retro hearse idea has some merit!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
This is awful. I hope when I die they'll drive me to the cemetary in some sort of '80s era full sized hearse....Brougham, Town Car, et al.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
So it's come to this. They really should have let the TC name die in peace. How they can call that POS a TC is beyond my grasp.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
They're not...it's an MKT. (Not that that's good...)

EDIT: OMG, nevermind -- I actually just read the article. How blasphemous...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
No one wants to buy these things. I'll be picking up an '11 TC and hoping the XTS is big enough to work in a couple years...

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
How old can a vehicle be before clients don't want to ride in them? Say you picked up a couple of low mileage '09s or something that had dropped in price...at what point do they become undesirable? Age or mileage/condition?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
How old can a vehicle be before clients don't want to ride in them? Say you picked up a couple of low mileage '09s or something that had dropped in price...at what point do they become undesirable? Age or mileage/condition?
On my '07 I can turn off the odo. Everyone thinks it's new. The problem is when sensors and little knick knacks start failing as you near and pass 200,000 miles. If you can put up with that, drive it to 500,000. But my company wants us to keep our cars under 150,000. But they let me go a bit over. I'm at 195,000 right now...

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Do you get Ls or standard wheelbase? I'd be scoping out some '03+ creampuffs, get a couple of them and split the miles between them. Of course, your insurance would probably screw you then...

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Christ... it's going to be more expensive to maintain AND it's farking hideous. The loss of panther continues to make it evident how underappreciated they were.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
The next post will be Drew... Tick tock...tick tock...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts