Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac SRX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - My Cadillac has now been back to the dealership 4 TIMES for the same issue.
The car shakes when at a stop light.
Visit #1. Dealer said the oil was low and this was cause the Cam Accelerator to have an issue. Changed oil. -- STILL NOT FIXED
Visit #2. Dealer said there was a hose that was bent against one of the cap's. They
moved the hose, put on a new bracket and bolt. -- STILL NOT FIXED.
Visit #3. Test drove with shop foreman... he can barley feel it and said "you know
some cars just ride rougher then others" He doesn't feel anything is wrong! NO
codes = no issues. Checked Software. STILL NOT FIXED.
Visit #4. There is nothing wrong with my car that is HOW the Cadillac SRX rides.
They will send me an email from the Factory confirming. -- STILL NOT FIXED.

What do I do??? I'm so frustrated. I sit at a light and the car feels like it has a miss-
fire or surge.. sometimes my passengers can feel it. :(
HELP Please

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
Re: 2012 Cadillac SRX - Shakes during stop ... anyone have this issue?

Hello - My Cadillac has now been back to the dealership 4 TIMES for the same issue.
The car shakes when at a stop light.
Visit #1. Dealer said the oil was low and this was cause the Cam Accelerator to have an issue. Changed oil. -- STILL NOT FIXED
Visit #2. Dealer said there was a hose that was bent against one of the cap's. They
moved the hose, put on a new bracket and bolt. -- STILL NOT FIXED.
Visit #3. Test drove with shop foreman... he can barley feel it and said "you know
some cars just ride rougher then others" He doesn't feel anything is wrong! NO
codes = no issues. Checked Software. STILL NOT FIXED.
Visit #4. There is nothing wrong with my car that is HOW the Cadillac SRX rides.
They will send me an email from the Factory confirming. -- STILL NOT FIXED.

What do I do??? I'm so frustrated. I sit at a light and the car feels like it has a miss-
fire or surge.. sometimes my passengers can feel it. :(
HELP Please
Most States have a LEMON LAW. If you have had to take the vehicle back to the dealership for the same repair 3 or more times (at least in Texas), you can file for the LEMON LAW. You need to check out how your State's law works. I filed in Texas many years ago for a different brand of vehicle and it really got their attention. Just be sure to follow the instructions in your owner's manual for how to escalate an issue with the manufacturer. Keep detailed written records of EVERYTHING you've done.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts

Does it smooth out as soon as you take your foot off the brake? My rpms increase ever so slightly when I do this even if it is still not rolling.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts

Do you have it in ECO mode? I know mine idles a bit 'rough' (an overstatement) then but not when ECO is turned off.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury FWD
23 Posts

I second what MI-SRX said - on my 2012, very rarely do I experience rough idle or the "shakes" but when it does happen it is when ECO mode is on.

Have you noticed a difference with different brands of gasoline (major brands like Shell, BP, vs. grocery/big box stores)?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts

Is your A/C mode in Auto? Try turning off your A/C and see if there is a difference.

12,778 Posts

Hi jj8304,
I apologize for the shaking you are currently experiencing on your Cadillac SRX. I understand the frustration that visiting the dealership multiple times has caused you, and we would like the opportunity to look into your case on our end. If you could please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership you are currently visiting, I would like to look into your situation more, and assist you further.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts

Today I experienced the following:

Coasting to a stop up a slight incline and at about 3-5 mph the car started bucking and the rpm was varying between 400-600. This happened for about 5 seconds until the car stopped rolling, then the idle smoothed back out. Then a couple minutes later, I was stopped at a light without my foot on the brake and it almost died. The dash panel lighting was dimming as the rpms dropped as well.

I am wondering if this is not the beginning stages of a bad battery. I recall GM alternators will vary the charge load in order to supposedly save fuel. Perhaps this is happening at idle and the battery does not have enough juice to keep the car electrics running at full capacity. Perhaps this is why the rpm increases ever so slightly when stopped with your foot on the brake - giving the electric system slightly more power to light up the brake lights.

Or, maybe its not that at all, but there is definitely something amiss.

·
Registered
SRX Performance
48 Posts

You can also try some simple things like a fuel additive to get rid of moisture in the fuel tank. Inevitably all vehicles get it either from condensation or fueling when the tanker dumps gas at the gas station. Never buy gas when the tanker is unloading!
As for the battery most auto parts places will test the battery for free.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts

You can also try some simple things like a fuel additive to get rid of moisture in the fuel tank. Inevitably all vehicles get it either from condensation or fueling when the tanker dumps gas at the gas station. Never buy gas when the tanker is unloading!
As for the battery most auto parts places will test the battery for free.
Been happening for months. Wife drives the car daily. She only uses Top Tier Shell, BP, or Exxon. Documented issues on the 3.6 with other models as well. It's not the gas.

·
Registered
SRX Performance
48 Posts

One other idea....I once had a car with similar issues and it wound up being a cam sensor. As soon as it was replaced the car ran perfect. These engines have so many sensors that any of them operating intermittently can be a nightmare!

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009
55 Posts
My 2013 idled rough for the first 15 k. Also pinged on acceleration. I put several cans of injector cleaner and multiple tanks of e85 gas. I found the e85 to almost cure all my issues. Now at 20k it idles so smooth I'm not sure if it's running or not. Even on regular gas. And no pinging.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

Had similar on my 2010, Timing Chain fixed the problem. Back to dealer 2 times till they did it Under CPO.

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac SRX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Hi - Thank you, It's going back in the shop again for the 6th TIME! I'll ask them if they have checked the
Cam Sensor.
Thank you.

----------

No it's not in ECO mode.

----------

No it's not in ECO mode. Gas has not made a difference. I only use the major brands of gas.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

" Place Your Bets...." Cam Sensor or Timing Chain....

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD
360 Posts

what does it do when you take it out of gear at the stop light, or have you done that at? Does it shake with the a/c on? Its a matter of elimination from here on....

·
Registered
SRX
1 Posts

I have the same issue with my Cadillac SRC 2012. Dealer said if it's not doing it when they see it, then there is nothing they can do. The last 2 times it really shook the car and I thought it was going to stall so it's making me nervous!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts