Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my SRX4 is out of warranty due to age but is 25K under max mileage. This care has been maintained impeccably. Average speed of the car is around 37mph.
Is this a common problem with this model?
i understand it is out of warranty but was hoping for some kind help for Brand loyalty.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to negotiate some kind of settlement with the manufacturer.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Premium White Diamond Tricoat / Shale
72 Posts
Well my XTS4 is out of warranty due to age but is 25K under max mileage. This care has been maintained impeccably. Average speed of the car is around 37mph.
i understand it is out of warranty but was hoping for some kind help for Brand loyalty.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to negotiate some kind of settlement with the manufacturer.
What is an XTS4? I thought the first year XTS was 2013.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,521 Posts
XTS4 denotes AWD.
2013 was the first model year - even though production started in 2012.

There is no negotiated settlement for an out of warranty repair. You get to open your wallet like the rest of us.

CCC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XTS4 denotes AWD.
2013 was the first model year - even though production started in 2012.

There is no negotiated settlement for an out of warranty repair. You get to open your wallet like the rest of us.

CCC
Actually you are incorrect, they offered some off but I don’t believe it sufficiently covers what has been a pampered car And brand loyalt.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,224 Posts
It is not a common failure.
If you have time to burn for this process then ask the dealer for a 50/50 split (or whatever makes you happy), contact Cadillac customer care, contact Cadillac customer care again, and hopefully you can get something agreeable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is not a common failure.
If you have time to burn for this process then ask the dealer for a 50/50 split (or whatever makes you happy), contact Cadillac customer care, contact Cadillac customer care again, and hopefully you can get something agreeable.
Thats the plan. I love my Cadillac but the wife has started looking at Lincoln’s since the manufacture didn’t come back with a very good settlement. I don’t have a problem with paying but we believe that the transfer case shouldn’t have gone out at such low mileage.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum
246 Posts
This is why I have an extended warranty. At the age of the OP's car I'll still have a year left.

After that I roll the dice. XTS Platinums are really nice cars and Cadillac's getting out of comfort-biased sedans.
Don't want something else, so I'll pay to fix it. Fixing is generally cheaper than trading anyway, even if it's something big.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is why I have an extended warranty. At the age of the OP's car I'll still have a year left.

After that I roll the dice. XTS Platinums are really nice cars and Cadillac's getting out of comfort-biased sedans.
Don't want something else, so I'll pay to fix it. Fixing is generally cheaper than trading anyway, even if it's something big.
Just read it three times, make sure you know what it's covered. Most expensive repairs in my car were suspension related, XTS with over 200000 miles.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
943 Posts
Am I reading this thread correctly? We’re under XTS, yes? OP has an SRX, yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,224 Posts
Am I reading this thread correctly? We’re under XTS, yes? OP has an SRX, yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it’s a mess. The actual vehicle in question is a ‘12 SRX. But ironically it’s the same or very similar AWD system as an XTS.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum
246 Posts
Just read it three times, make sure you know what it's covered. Most expensive repairs in my car were suspension related, XTS with over 200000 miles.
MRC is not covered, it's a wear item.
The Ally warranty description is very short.
All non-wear items are covered until it's 9 years old and 73K miles.
The car had 33K miles on it 6 months ago... has 36K now. Wife averages 7K miles a year.
Haven't used the warranty yet.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,105 Posts
the wife has started looking at Lincoln’s
Don't do that. "Out of the frying pan and into the fire" I believe they used to say. Cadillac sure ain't perfect but when it comes to the question of what premium brand do you want to be driving if you have to be out of warranty - Cadillac is at or near the top of that list.

·
Registered
cts
16 Posts
Well my SRX4 is out of warranty due to age but is 25K under max mileage. This care has been maintained impeccably. Average speed of the car is around 37mph.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts