Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the Cadillac family. I purchased my 2012 Cadillac SRX March 2020. Since then it has been one thing after another. We are currently the second owner of this Cadillac which just reached 80,600 miles.
1. The driver side headlight is full of condensation. I am aware that this is a ongoing issue with this vehicle. Has anyone found a home remedy for this repair? Don’t really feel like spending the money to put a whole new one in.
2. The brake pedal will randomly goes soft and to the floor when you were trying to break. Had a mechanic check the fluids and they were fine. Still an ongoing issue.
3. The driver side window has been a nightmare. It would go down but not up so we replaced the switch but that wasn’t it. Replace fuses that wasn’t it. Check the motor that wasn’t it finally had to replace the regulator. We’ll see how long this lasts.
4. Right now I’m experiencing a new noise in the front of the car. My husband thinks it’s the drive train.... maybe even a bearing? It makes the noise more when you turn left and after you’ve reached 30 miles an hour. Turning right it still makes a noise but not as loud. Also feeling slight vibration in the steering wheel and the brake pedal. Again, this came out of nowhere just this last week. Any thoughts?
I know there of been more little quirks to this car but those are the four major ones that we are dealing with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
1,288 Posts
Hi welcome, nice in introduction :) wish others did the same. You can address the headlight issue 3 ways....you can remove the housing covers where you insert the bulb, then the water can evaporate ( upgrade to LED lights also) ...you can watch a few you tube videos on how to remove the housings and re-seal them...a nice weekends work if you are mechanically inclined....or you can simply buy a new pair from rock auto for about 300 bucks which is easier.

Have the brakes bled......sometimes its the ABS module, but have them bleed it as well

Reactions: WILLY92

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi welcome, nice in introduction :) wish others did the same. You can address the headlight issue 3 ways....you can remove the housing covers where you insert the bulb, then the water can evaporate ( upgrade to LED lights also) ...you can watch a few you tube videos on how to remove the housings and re-seal them...a nice weekends work if you are mechanically inclined....or you can simply buy a new pair from rock auto for about 300 bucks which is easier.

Have the brakes bled......sometimes its the ABS module, but have them bleed it as well
Hello, nice to meet you and merry Christmas! I will bleed the brakes and hope for the best!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 SRX Premium- Black on Black
126 Posts
I will bleed the brakes and hope for the best.
Note that with ABS systems the system has to be activated when bleeding the brakes so unless you've got the equipment to activate the ABS it's going to have to go to a shop for the brake bleed.

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
2,093 Posts
dont believe so I have bled my brakes using a vacuum brake bleeder, no problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts