Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 SRX started doing something weird, well a couple of things actually. First, the seat heaters won't come on. The dash lights will stay on for a couple of seconds, then they turn off. Neither seat gets warm. Passenger and Driver seats both do the same thing. Makes me think something is wrong in the dash.

Second, I'm not getting any heat in the front. No air is coming out of the dash vents. Fan works fine in both auto and manual. Only getting some air out of the windshield vents, but that's cold. The AC seems to work when I adjust the temp cold enough, but again, just coming out of the windshield defogger vents. Nothing from the regular dash vents. I've tried setting the thermostat hot enough to melt metal, but it never gets warm.

Since all of these things started happening at the same time, I'm thinking something has died in the dash, but I don't have a clue as to what it could be. Any thoughts, clues, or hints?

I also started getting a code for a minor emission system leak, again, at the same time as the climate system started acting up. I think this is a coincidence though. In the past I was getting a code for an open gas cap. Replaced the cap. Still got the code. Ignored it for a while. Then it just went away for no apparent reason. Are there any typical "bad actors" in the emission system that causes it to indicate a false leak or actually leak?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
450 Posts
Temperature control actuator(s) and/or mode control actuator(s). Same part numbers used in different parts of the HVAC. Should be a fail code of some sort, if you get it diagnosed, because it doesn't have to be those parts, but, could be whatever directs them to operate, such as the BCM, HVAC control module,etc. Guessing can be expensive, plus it's a lot of work getting to those units.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts