Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening All,

Hopefully you can help. I'm getting some phantom electrical issues. here there are in no order.

1. when you remote start you hear the stater click once car will not start. if you go in car and turn key starts fine.
2. once in a blue moon the door locks will cycle and dash cycling.
3. the other day when the dash and locks cycled after getting were i had to i stop pulled into a parking lot. i shut truck off and the truck acted like it was stone dead battery. can back 20 min later started no problem.
any help I'm at a loss!
thank you

·
Registered
581 Posts
Re: 2012 phatom issue

Good Evening All,

Hopefully you can help. I'm getting some phantom electrical issues. here there are in no order.

1. when you remote start you hear the stater click once car will not start. if you go in car and turn key starts fine.
2. once in a blue moon the door locks will cycle and dash cycling.
3. the other day when the dash and locks cycled after getting were i had to i stop pulled into a parking lot. i shut truck off and the truck acted like it was stone dead battery. can back 20 min later started no problem.
any help I'm at a loss!
thank you
Could be battery.

Could be negative and positive cables failure/corroding. Known problem

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
replaced battery three months ago and tested battery showed good. will check cables
thank you for the input

·
2007 Escalade
93 Posts
I had similar issues with the door locks and dash but also the throttle.
I had to replace the ECU to fix the throttle issue, and I haven't had the other electrical issues since.
I'm guessing they were all related.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just finished Ohming out the power and ground cable. I found high resistence is the woven cable from the drivers side head to the body. removed it and cleaned it. i haven't had a problem since will keep you all updated
thanks for all the tips and help

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
There is a 150 amp buss fuse on the firewall or next to the battery. I would start with that if I was you. These trucks are known to have bad battery cables from the factory. You can also use a wire brush to clean all the battery connections as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's been almost a month now. I think i found the problem with all my electrical problems. please see attached pictures. short story is i found high resistance in the negative cable, i cut the negative cable open and found a really bad crimp. i looked into new cable they didn't change it so instead of having same problem again. i soldered on a new negative end and did it right. no more problem. :) IMG_1077.jpeg IMG_1078.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts