Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
>>GET THE PICTURE FROM THE 2020 GENERAL MOTORS PARTS CATALOG<<<
Cadillac > 2012 > D - 6D2 - 6DM35 - CTS Wagon > 07 - FRAMES-SPRINGS-SHOCKS-BUMPERS > (6d07-029) 2011-2014 DM35 ABSORBER/FRONT SHOCK & SPRING (REAR WHEEL DRIVE MXO)

There's an adjustment nut on there for a reason!

Ya wanger, Turns out those Michelins that came with it were 40k mile tires. I thought they were 50k! At about 39k I was thinking they were getting a little thin. Yep, turns out they were NOT 50k tires so I put on a set of 60k General Altimax. I'll let you know at 10k when I rotate them if theres any tire wear, You just take your squeak down and let Cadillac fix it and let me know what that costs you please. As for Dogging the brand, it's still Junk! I never once had any suspension squeaks with my Seville and never so much as replaced a light-bulb on it in twelve years.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
7,741 Posts
As for Dogging the brand, it's still Junk! I never once had any suspension squeaks with my Seville and never so much as replaced a light-bulb on it in twelve years.
You got lucky with your Seville, just ignored, or plain didn't notice things that needed attention.

Here's the thing: Cars are machines. Machines need maintenance. No exceptions.

People fall into this misconception that if they pay more for a vehicle, it will have fewer problems.
This is inherently incorrect. Generally, spending more for a vehicle means the exact opposite.
The premium price you shell out is characteristic of an automobile with more technology, more features, more "bells & whistles" This only increases the odds that something will fail, break, or require some type of maintenance to prolong its intended function.

If you want trouble free ownership, I recommend a Honda, Toyota, or some other appliance.
Better yet, lease something. Drive it completely under warranty for 36 months and turn it in for another generic blender on wheels when your term is up.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI rebuilt to FE3 J55 G80 3.42:1
743 Posts
If you want trouble free ownership, I recommend a Honda, Toyota, or some other appliance.
Stuff wears out on those paragons of virtue too. I've talked to Honda and Toyota owners with 200K miles on the original suspension, right down to the original struts and springs. They told me their cars still drove "perfectly", when any savvy car owner knows that isn't remotely possible. Talk about drinking the Kool-Aid . . .

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,019 Posts
Agree witt Lifespeed but still these cars degrade “gracefully”. No break downs just small fine signs from components saying “time to change me out”.

Toyota Avensis, 200k miles and rolling. Just filled a half liter oil, but that’s it for running maintenance. It’s corroding but that’s nature.

I love lean management...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts