Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it I pulled the trigger on a 12 sedan thunder gray auto . I'm trading in the 2010 Shelby gt500 . I hope I'm doing the rite thing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the support I liked the Shelby it's way faster but the brakes needed upgrading it has 6 cyl mustang brakes in the rear go figure. I changed the driveshaft and completely changed the front end around so it would turn . I here the caddy is faster on the road course I can fix the HP that's easy . I'm concerned about the weight ? But over all it looks like and feels better on the short test drive I was on with the dealer riding along .it took him a few minutes to ge back out of the car he dident appreciate going sideways around a jug handle .that will teach em . I will check back in when I pick it up this weekend .

·
Registered
708 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. You will enjoy the V. No car is perfect but this one definitely gets the job done.

·
Registered
2012 cts-v coupe
194 Posts
Nice choice.... You will enjoy the V! Lets us know your thoughts after you drive it without the sales guy.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Wagon
25 Posts
I've got a terminator (04 Comp Orange Cobra Vert) and just picked up a V wagon as a DD. They are completely different animals in my book. Both serve a purpose, but the V is a blast as a DD due to its refinement over the Cobra.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V sedan 6m
4 Posts
Let me put it this way... Any fool can spend $30k and build a sub 10 second 1/4 mile car. One guy in town here daily drives an 8 second 1988 Mustang LX, which you'll know who it is being it has a parachute on the back. There is always someone faster. For me, I went from a 2006 Subaru STi with 400 AWHP to a 2012 CTS-V. The STi was fast, but had no refinement. The extra HP I added sucked every ounce of handling out of the car. It was very quick, but it was very out if balance. The V is very refined and adult like. The interior vs. the interior of a 2010 Mustang is laughable. Don't get me wrong, I love the 2012 GT 500 with 650 HP, but it still has low rent interior. Still a fantastic value though. I'm 42 years old now and the "gotta be the fastest" mantra has ended with me. The V I have is perfect. I can pass slow traffic and run over rice boys with impunity.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
carterb said:
Excellent color choice !
Thanks I dident think I would like it at first but then again black is impossible to keep clean even when it's cleaned 10 minutes later it looks dirty . Don't get me wrong i like black but this gray is different and I like stepping outside of the box . Thanks again .

----------

KellyE said:
Congrats, our cars are a blast to drive..:welcome:
Thank you .

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have a '13 thunder grey 6m wagon. It's a great color. With tinted windows and black wheels.... Fantastic. Mine isn't my daily driver and is garage kept but even after a week of dust landing on it it still looks clean.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fig123 said:
Let me put it this way... Any fool can spend $30k and build a sub 10 second 1/4 mile car. One guy in town here daily drives an 8 second 1988 Mustang LX, which you'll know who it is being it has a parachute on the back. There is always someone faster. For me, I went from a 2006 Subaru STi with 400 AWHP to a 2012 CTS-V. The STi was fast, but had no refinement. The extra HP I added sucked every ounce of handling out of the car. It was very quick, but it was very out if balance. The V is very refined and adult like. The interior vs. the interior of a 2010 Mustang is laughable. Don't get me wrong, I love the 2012 GT 500 with 650 HP, but it still has low rent interior. Still a fantastic value though. I'm 42 years old now and the "gotta be the fastest" mantra has ended with me. The V I have is perfect. I can pass slow traffic and run over rice boys with impunity.
I know what your talking about know matter how fast you think you are there's always something better . I've been in the low 7 sec at 178 mph in a car and that's not fast enough . I love the people out there that say they have all of this crazy horsepower like 8 9 1000+ at the wheels and that's good . Horsepower is like money in the bank it's nice to have if you need it . But how many of them can really drive that power to its full potential ???. It's all fun anyway .

----------

pat2t2f said:
I have a '13 thunder grey 6m wagon. It's a great color. With tinted windows and black wheels.... Fantastic. Mine isn't my daily driver and is garage kept but even after a week of dust landing on it it still looks clean.
The car I'm picking up on Friday has Crome wheels I think the black wheels like your car has and a black grill will hit the nail on the head .great minds think alike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts