Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
none
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CTS Premium with 92,000 miles. I am the second owner and I bought it 9 months ago at 85,000 miles.

Sometimes the transmission and/or all wheel drive system seems jerky.

I am not sure if this is an issue or just they way they act.

I know this car has 100,000 mile warranty on the drive train. Does that warranty carry over to the second owner? I did not purchase any extended warranty.

If it does carry over do you think I should have it checked out before the limit is reached?

Thanks,

Gene

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Gene,

It sounds like you're saying "when turning at slow speeds there is some wheel hop from the AWD". If that's the case, it's normal. The Warranty transfers to a 2nd owner. Go to your Cadillac dealer and give them the new information about you.

You can't purchase an extended warranty from GM once the 'bumper to bumper' warranty expires. That car certainly has a lot miles on it. You will soon need to service the AWD fluids, the rear axle and transmission fluids to keep your car running well.

Enjoy your new CTS,

Marv

·
Registered
2012 CTS, thunder grey chromaflair
120 Posts
I have a 2012 CTS Premium with 92,000 miles. I am the second owner and I bought it 9 months ago at 85,000 miles.

Sometimes the transmission and/or all wheel drive system seems jerky.

I am not sure if this is an issue or just they way they act.

I know this car has 100,000 mile warranty on the drive train. Does that warranty carry over to the second owner? I did not purchase any extended warranty.

If it does carry over do you think I should have it checked out before the limit is reached?
If you register and login here - https://my.cadillac.com/na-cadillac/myvehicle/ ... you can see exactly what warranty you have left.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts