Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 3 days my car has made a squeaky gargling sound that appears to be coming from underneath the vehicle. I have no idea what it could be. It is not the brakes or the shocks and it does not do it immediately on start-up or while stopping/ accelerating. sometimes 5 mins into the drive the car will just break out screeching and gargling. No idea what it is, but I think it sounds expensive. It is so loud I can hear it with the radio on clearly. Not happy

Any ideas?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha no, nothing at all. The car is totally fine other than the crazy screeching and gurgling. No feedback from the car and no warnings on the display. Moved to a new neighborhood and the nearest caddy dealer is 40 mins away. I already know they wont be able to replicate it. Making the trip once is plenty bad enough

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Have you looked under your car to see if a shield is loose? Might be flapping against something while driving. Also, isn't our warranty good at any GM location?

Good Luck, Marv

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not yet, I should crawl under there after work. I believe it does, we have a Buick/GMC dealer in town. I could give them a shot. Is it guaranteed they work on Cadillac vehicles? Made an appointment at the caddy dealer, but I can always cancel.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,161 Posts
Definitely a weird one. Good luck, and I agree with Marv about taking that good look underneath. No other simple explanation.

·
Registered
2012 CTS Luxury 3.0 AWD Red
34 Posts
not yet, I should crawl under there after work. I believe it does, we have a Buick/GMC dealer in town. I could give them a shot. Is it guaranteed they work on Cadillac vehicles? Made an appointment at the caddy dealer, but I can always cancel.
Can Buick dealers perform Cadillac warranty work?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a single peep from the car while driving yesterday or this morning. Taking it to the GMC/ Buick dealer tomorrow. They said that they do service Cadillac. I did not ask if they did warranty work specifically, but I will just in case before I drop it off. I just pray they don't give me a chevy sonic or any other teenager vehicle as a loaner if the work takes a while. I have been spoiled by the 50K cadillac loaners :)

I did not look underneath it yet, I figure GMC can do it tomorrow. Just hoping it is an issue that is covered under warranty. Hopefully this is not a scumbag dealership.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,338 Posts
You come in with a Cadillac, they'll take care of you like royalty. I hear you'll get a Chevy Aveo for a loaner. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,161 Posts
I don't really care as long as it is clean and dependable. My dealer won't even give me a loaner since I am out of warranty. Pricks.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
You come in with a Cadillac, they'll take care of you like royalty. I hear you'll get a Chevy Aveo for a loaner.
I dropped my car off for warranty work at a cadillac dealer and was promptly given a used, beat to shit PT Cruiser for a loaner. A chevy Aveo would have been a welcome sight.

Shakey

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I dropped my car off for warranty work at a cadillac dealer and was promptly given a used, beat to shit PT Cruiser for a loaner. A chevy Aveo would have been a welcome sight.

Shakey
Oh that's just sad........ Post a pic, we could all use a chuckle!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts