Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2004 Deville base
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me say I know I;m in the wrong forum. I could not "post a thread" in the 2nd gen CTS forum. I don't have that priviledge...
So, if you guys could move this post, I'd appreciate it.

Now, my message: Just bought a 2012 CTS Luxury Edition. I wanted to confirm the installed equipment and options. Took a picture of the Service Parts Identification sticker but the codes listed on the sticker don't match the list of codes I found on line. Also, the VIN number has letters and numbers that are not on the Vin decode site I found. That site was Cadillac Vin decoder on youcanic.com.
The VIN number is correct according to Carfax and we emission tested and registered the car so I think I have a "list" problem rather than a fake car problem. Can anyone direct me to a more accurate decoding site for the 2012 CTS?

Again, my apologies for posting on the wrong forum. Perhaps you can help me gain access that as well.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,579 Posts
I don't understand why you could not post here, but I moved it for you.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,286 Posts

·
2004 Deville base
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you to all of you I can now access the right forum. And, thanks for the leads. Now I can find out what I bought. Most important thing is wife is happy...regardless.
Car came with only 1key fob...firstla owner lost 1. I can buy a replacement but there is confusing misdirection on the offering sites...some say self programming, others say gotta get a dealer or a locksmith to do it. Car is keyless entry, not keyless access. So, can I do it myself or not?
Thank you

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
1,902 Posts
I can't speak for the linked decoder but just know that I had checked several VIN and SPID decoders in the past and received conflicting responses to some installed equipment...the dealership should be your best bet but just don't be too upset if one site says you have something you don't...

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts