Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new CTS owner and to this site. I ony have 1 FOB and purchase another on Ebay. I have been trying to program the FOB with no luck. I even paid one of those sites that gave me ( mechanic) instructions on how to program with no luck. The instuctions sent to me are for the Erasing/ Adding Transmitters. You're suppose to have the vehicle off and with the car key cycle the door lock 5 times in 5 seconds, then the DIC will display a message Press Start Control to learn... NO luck, I cant get that message to even begin.

Also, does anyone know the cost for the dealer to program a new remote?

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
I guess this was a previously owned CTS or you should be able to get the dealer to furnish the second fob. My dealer has never charged to match the fobs as long as you bring in all fobs. I wouldn't mention that the second fob came from ebay.

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
25 Posts
Bought a used coupe with only 1 FOB. Dealer charge for a second FOB and programing was $182.00. Not cheap but was simple and simple for me is good.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS4
394 Posts
If you are in the U.S. before you visit the dealership you could check your owner's manual, there's a couple different options for programming/adding key fobs.

If you are in Canada, the owner's manual says you have to see your dealer due to laws.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Go into the DIC and choose the option"return to factory settings".. The scroll through and reset all of your preferences. The try to add the new fob. If that doesn't work a trip to the dealer maybe in order. Possibly if you have to take a trip to the dealer for some other service, they will reprogram both remotes if you tell them only one works.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
26 Posts
Dont do ebay dont know why everyone thinks the stuff sold is always reliable. See dealer.

Well most items have a return policy. I purchased a used fob on ebay for $13 including shipping and its been working great for 6+ months. Besides, even if it did go bad tomorrow I can buy another one and still be saving $100++. For something that can be bought so cheaply online the risk is very minimal.

·
Registered
2009 CTS Sedan
20 Posts
I have a 2009, so my experience might be different. I assume you bought one with the same buttons, the remote start FOBs are not interchangeable with non-remote start FOBs. And the 2009 instructions in the manual (on-line if you need them) were very easy to follow. Programmed 2 new FOBs and 2 new keys in about 3 minutes, neither required a dealer. But I have a non-remote start vehicle and keys.

Bob

·
Registered
2011 CTS
15 Posts
It looks like they took the feature of remote programing out of the system, at least in the 2011. I have the key start type and when you scroll through the DIC there is no relearn remote key feature after the compass zone change. Looks like a dealer item

Steve

----------

It looks like they took the feature of remote programing out of the system, at least in the 2011. I have the key start type and when you scroll through the DIC there is no relearn remote key feature after the compass zone change. Looks like a dealer item

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts