Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Xrs
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have found a 2012 CTS base in Ormond Beach Florida with 27000 miles. The owner will take 21000 for it. While it is a beautiful car, I would like to know more about it. What is the best online tool to check its VIN number without getting ripped off? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
Are you talking about a CarFax type of inquiry? www.carfax.com

Nothing, and I repeat, nothing beats looking at the car yourself. I have read too many times how folks have relied on others to "check out" a car for them, only to be not happy when they actually get the car.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,337 Posts
Take the vin number to the local dealership to see what has been recorded by GM so far. That may be enough to eliminate it from consideration if you see some bad things being repaired. If not, it's hard to get a good idea when you don't go look in person. I will say, if you do have somebody go look for you, make sure they know cars well, and know CTS's too, or like Tinman said, you could be disappointed.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
You didn't say where you live. Are you reasonably close to Ormand? Or are you in bufu? It obviously makes a difference. First, check out the VIN with your local Cadillac dealer. Then run a CarFax. Still, without a proper inspection, it can have problems.

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6 RWD Sport Wagon (traded in for a 2011 Lexus LS460 on 12/20/17)
321 Posts
If you're not local, and Carfax & Cadillac research tells you nothing, you could ask the owner to take it to their local Cadillac dealer and have it inspected at your expense.

·
Registered
14,158 Posts
If you're not local, and Carfax & Cadillac research tells you nothing, you could ask the owner to take it to their local Cadillac dealer and have it inspected at your expense.
Good idea. Just you make the appointment with the dealer yourself so you can talk to the Service Advisor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts