Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CTS Coupe 3.6L. The audio package is basic without the display that opens from the top of the dash as in a V or premium packages.

The display is inexpensive now. Does anyone know if the display can installed in my CTS model? Seems to have the cut out for it in the dash.

Thoughts appreciated,

p

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Welcome, 612coupe-

Adding nav to a non-nav car is possible, but requires much effort and many parts outside of the unit itself.
Most members here looking for an upgrade have gone the aftermarket route which allows them features that were not available with the factory unit. I would suggest checking them out.

Read post 1 of this thread. There are no pics, but the poster outlines the process/items required for a factory navigation swap...

Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
Check and see if your radio had a hard drive in it. If it does then it may be a simple thing to upgrade to the factory nav system. To update the factory nav system you will want to run the NavTool aftermarket device.

I have this type of system in my car and I will be getting more focused on it once I finish working on my truck. If you have the base radio it is a major undertaking. I don't know of anyone that has upgraded from the Hard Drive radio to the Nav but I hope to do this soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts