Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently lost my Rke key fob...馃槶
Upon trying to locate a new fob all fobs are 5 button w/remote start that come up as compatible for my fob.
My fob is 4 button with key inlet.
I read an old post on here where a guy had a 4 button fob like mine.
His car was starting on it's own. He wanted to know why on the forum. His car turned out to be equiped with remote start. You had to hit the lock button 3times and car would remote start.
Is it possible I could be in this situation. Amazon to Ebay all say my car is compatible to 5 button remote transmitter. Help please besides knowing 100% my fob is in my house somewhere to this identification of compatible key fob...
I'm on the verge of going crazy!!!
Thanks in advance.. 馃ゴ

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The FCC Does not match up with the one on my broken remote that I do still have.
Mine is
.. FCC M3N5WY7777A
With key that slides in.
Thank you for your response though.. 馃

Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
I have personally not used this place but a few others on here have so you might give it a try:

Roy

Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
You can always pick your dealer's brain.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Mine has 5 silver dots on inside. On the outside I have unlock/lock,car trunk and then panic horn..

A year prior to losing this transmitter I disarmed the locks. I got tired of being locked out.
Most people seemed to not know how to open the doors due to hidden handles. So theft was not a big concern.
I can open the car.
I also have an extra emergency key.
The chip plate for that transmitter fell out somewhere in the yard. It has never revealed itself...馃槩

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Paggett
I have the key! 馃槂
The car is disarmed & unlocked. I'm having problems finding a 4 button transmitter FCC ID_M3N5WY7777A w/o remote start with key inlet...
They all seem to be 5 button w/remote start or the one without key inlet.
The FCC ID OUC....transmitter without a key inlet...馃槩

I have 5 silver chip dots inside my remote.
I asked a locksmith if I maybe could use the one with 5 button with remote start.
He wasn't giving any info. up! 馃槨
He just wanted my $350.00 without a 100% guarantee... Small Town Locksmith...馃ぃ

The STeaLER is almost 100 miles away...
Not that I want to visit them...馃檮

I just need to start my car. I really don't care about locking and unlocking. I cancelled all that. I got tired of my Bit*h car locking me out! 馃が
Hell I'll be Happy'z with a one button transmitter 馃ぃ馃槒
I've searched everywhere online..
I found one for $168.00 without a proximity sensor...so that's a no go...I Think..馃

The green compatible prompts on Ebay & Amazon all say the 5 button w/remote start is compatible to my car???
Onstar app says I'm compatible for their remote start package...
No Fob 10 minute only Start.... I'm simply confused..馃お
Maybe I have remote start and the dealer gave me a different wrong remote???
I simply can't believe I've been coming in my house the same way for 5 years..Never a remote lost...It's so frustrating to know something is DEFINITELY IN YOUR HOUSE..YET YOU CAN'T FIND IT! 馃槶
I Live alone in a rural area where the fires are near.. I would hate to be stuck if a fire reaches here like last month..

I'm now going through Walmart's Key Fob Catalogue Tonight..
Walmart has a large reasonably priced fob selection with 3 day delivery..
Just in case anyone else is being punished by the Cadillac Gods as I'm...馃槶
Thank you for your kind response..
Happy Tomorrow's
馃槑馃悤馃彍

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I have the key! 馃槂
The car is disarmed & unlocked. I'm having problems finding a 4 button transmitter FCC ID_M3N5WY7777A w/o remote start with key inlet...
They all seem to be 5 button w/remote start or the one without key inlet.
The FCC ID OUC....transmitter without a key inlet...馃槩

I have 5 silver chip dots inside my remote.
I asked a locksmith if I maybe could use the one with 5 button with remote start.
He wasn't giving any info. up! 馃槨
He just wanted my $350.00 without a 100% guarantee... Small Town Locksmith...馃ぃ

The STeaLER is almost 100 miles away...
Not that I want to visit them...馃檮

I just need to start my car. I really don't care about locking and unlocking. I cancelled all that. I got tired of my Bit*h car locking me out! 馃が
Hell I'll be Happy'z with a one button transmitter 馃ぃ馃槒
I've searched everywhere online..
I found one for $168.00 without a proximity sensor...so that's a no go...I Think..馃

The green compatible prompts on Ebay & Amazon all say the 5 button w/remote start is compatible to my car???
Onstar app says I'm compatible for their remote start package...
No Fob 10 minute only Start.... I'm simply confused..馃お
Maybe I have remote start and the dealer gave me a different wrong remote???
I simply can't believe I've been coming in my house the same way for 5 years..Never a remote lost...It's so frustrating to know something is DEFINITELY IN YOUR HOUSE..YET YOU CAN'T FIND IT! 馃槶
I Live alone in a rural area where the fires are near.. I would hate to be stuck if a fire reaches here like last month..

I'm now going through Walmart's Key Fob Catalogue Tonight..
Walmart has a large reasonably priced fob selection with 3 day delivery..
Just in case anyone else is being punished by the Cadillac Gods as I'm...馃槶
Thank you for your kind response..
Happy Tomorrow's
馃槑馃悤馃彍 View attachment 587578
Price has gone down (any good locksmith can cut the key.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I reply in the wrong area to you I think...I replied above your post..
Confused Person 馃槦

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like you have this remote but for a double sawbuck vs a Benjamin I'd try one of the 5 buttons.

Try eBay.com

Good Morning
Mr. Padgett 馃槒
Yep! That's iT! 馃憦馃憦馃憦
If only You Could 3DPrint and Ship IT! 馃ぃ

Do you think the 5 button would work?
FCC ID Matches..馃

I sent a message to one of the Lock venders on here..They have one for $63.00..iT wouldn't be here until the end of the month though..馃槶
I havent finish Walmart offerings yet..
I Stopped looking to Tear the washer apart..more crap new washer also on the horizon..馃槕
The 5 year old G.E. crap washers bearings are shot...馃槩
When it Rains iT Storms in My World it Seems..馃ぃ馃槀

I'm in Desperate Need FoR Speed and Smokey CaLi Wind in my Hair!
馃槀
Nothing but looking for. The damn fob in the house for almost 3 WeeKS ...馃が
I'm Embarrassed to say... I even tried the fob who's minus the chipboard with key in the console slot...
I'm Like You Never KNOW?!? ELECTRONICS...馃檮
DIDN'T WORK! 馃槀馃槀馃槀
SHHhh...馃ぃ

I'll post any positive outcome later today.
I must go let the cactus stick me now ie. Yardwork..馃
Happy Day and Big Thanks! 馃槀馃悤馃彍馃敟

*My OLD EscaLade Mr.Lucky who I recently pretty much gave away
Never Left Me...NoT High and Dry! 馃ぃ
He Was/iS An AwesomE Vehicle!
I TrusTed Him oN Tight Curves more Than I Trust The CTS...
Boy We used to Get into some Fine Races! 馃ぃ
He went to a good home.馃殭馃挍
He was going to rot just sitting around.
I Couldn't Drive BoTH...馃槑
He's Still going strong! Unlike The Silver Paperweight residing in the garage now..
馃ぃ馃悤馃彍馃敟

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Dang, that's alot of emoji action.

If your luck is anything like mine, you'll find your original FOB as soon as the replacement arrives or while tearing apart that washing machine.

Have you tried consulting St. Anthony? 馃檹

Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
If you have remote start capability why would you not want a remote start button equipped remote?

2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
Just give google the FCC number and both come up just the four button seems to be about 6X the cost of the 5 button so I'd try a five button and see what happens. Four button is for a car without remote start.

Does your SPI include BTV (remote start).

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Dang, that's alot of emoji action.

If your luck is anything like mine, you'll find your original FOB as soon as the replacement arrives or while tearing apart that washing machine.

Have you tried consulting St. Anthony? 馃檹
馃ぃ Yes ..Him & a Multitude of Others!
馃槑馃悤馃彍

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Just give google the FCC number and both come up just the four button seems to be about 6X the cost of the 5 button so I'd try a five button and see what happens. Four button is for a car without remote start.

Does your SPI include BTV (remote start).
Hello Mr. Padgett..
I followed your suggestion...
Bit the Bullet at Bozo's Amazon.. 馃ぃ
It will arrive tomorrow most likely around 2 p.m. Then the Programming Saga Begins! 馃槼
I'll be happy if one button just starts the paperweight! It need not do anything more..!!
I have no idea if it has remote anything..
So WISH ME MAD LUCK TOMORROW!
Patience I must have...and I'm running real low..
I will update my success tomorrow...馃構
Happy Night and Thanks for your help..
馃馃悤馃彍

Registered
I think you should be able to program the fobs on your own. See instructions below...

With 鈥淪mart Entry System鈥 and one programmed Transmitter Available

• NOTE: A maximum of 4 transmitters can be programmed.
  • Obtain all remote transmitters.
  • NOTE: Switch ignition OFF.
  • Place programmed transmitter within the interior of the vehicle.
  • Insert key into driver鈥檚 door lock (use trunk lock for 2-door vehicles).
  • Within 5 seconds turn key to unlock 5 times. Driver鈥檚 information center will display READY for FOB2.
    1. Place the new, unrecognized transmitter into the center console transmitter pocket with transmitter buttons facing the front of the vehicle.
    2. Ensure acoustic signal is emitted. Driver鈥檚 information center will display READY FOR FOB 3
    3. Remove programmed transmitter from the transmitter pocket.
  • Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 for each of the remaining transmitters.
  • Press OFF/ACC button (ignition switch) to complete and exit programming mode.
  • Test each of the remotes to make sure it鈥檚 working.

With 鈥淪mart Entry System鈥 and No Programmed Transmitters

This procedure takes about 30-35 mins to program a key. Also, the insert blade needs to be cut prior to performing this programming procedure.

• Obtain all remote transmitters
  • NOTE: Switch ignition OFF
  • Place the new unrecognized transmitter into the transmitter pocket with transmitter buttons facing the front of the vehicle
  • Insert key into driver鈥檚 door lock
  • Within 5 seconds turn key to unlock position 5 times. Driver鈥檚 information center will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN
  • Press the OFF/ACC button (ignition switch)
  • Driver鈥檚 information center will display WAIT 10 MINUTES and will count down to zero in 1-minute intervals.
  • After 10 minutes. The driver鈥檚 information center will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN
  • Driver鈥檚 information center will display WAIT 10 MINUTES and will count down to zero in 1-minute intervals.
  • After 10 minutes. The driver鈥檚 information center will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN
  • Driver鈥檚 information center will display WAIT 10 MINUTES and will count down to zero in 1-minute intervals
  • After 10 minutes: Acoustic signal is emitted, and driver鈥檚 information center will display READY FOR FOB 1
  • Another acoustic signal is emitted indicating programming complete and the driver鈥檚 information center displays READY FOR FOB 2
  • Remove first transmitter FOB1
  • Carry out above procedure for the three remaining transmitters
  • When all four transmitters have been programmed driver鈥檚 information center displays MAX FOBS LEARNED and will exit programming mode
  • Operate each transmitter to finalize programming and check operation
  • NOTE: Remote transmitters can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment by an automotive locksmith or a dealer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts