Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a 2012 CTS Coupe and I have noticed my driver side tail light and my horizontal light isn't working properly. they work when I press the brake and use turn signals and hazards but not when its idle. the passenger side works as intended. I've looked for the fuses but cannot find any that would help. Does anyone know what I could do to fix this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon Phayesd. Did you happen to make any changes to your existing lights (replace/upgrade bulbs, housings)?
The reason I'm asking is because I replaced an old yellowed driver side headlight housing and now my driver side turn signals and break light stopped working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did. I replaced both headlights and changed them to leds. But that was about a month ago.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
13,468 Posts
Did you check the rear fuse block?

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
I will check for you; seems I recall an individual with a similar scenario.
Are the license plate lights working?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My passenger side rear marker light did not work when I bought the car ( on April 1) . I ran a new wire to it from the left since they are on a shared circuit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update. I found the fuse to the lights in the trunk. Blown fuse. Now final question, does the horizontal bar also utilize running lights or is it only a brake light?

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Update. I found the fuse to the lights in the trunk. Blown fuse. Now final question, does the horizontal bar also utilize running lights or is it only a brake light?
Glad you found the fuse. The "horizontal bar" or third brake light is only a brake light.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,480 Posts
Why are your reverse lights on and the car is sitting stationary? Did you put it in reverse and apply the parking brake to make the lights come on to check them? If not, I'd think that's an issue to be addressed because the brakes are not being pressed.

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Guessing the OP hit the unlock button for the pic.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,480 Posts
I didn't know those came on when unlocking. Gonna have to look sometime

1 - 17 of 17 Posts