Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wont let me post anywhere else 12 cts 3.6l squeaking not belt.

Removed the belt and still there.
Sound s like front of cam covers????

·
Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
485 Posts
water pump? It's actually worth buying a cheap stethoscope for the tool box or just use a plastic pipe held to your ear. It will sound louder when you get close to the source.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
water pump? It's actually worth buying a cheap stethoscope for the tool box or just use a plastic pipe held to your ear. It will sound louder when you get close to the source.
We removed the belt. Water pump ac nor ps pump was turning. Non of those can be the cause if not moving. Its in the top front pass side cam cover.

Found a tech bulletin from nov 19 if the engine squeaks or knocks replace engine. Effects 07-19 gen 1-2 faulty oil bypass can let junk into engine bearings.

·
Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
485 Posts
How bad is the squeal? Once you remove the intake manifold, you can hold a stethoscope up to each cam cover and see if there's a difference in sound/squeal.

Are you interested in pulling off the cam cover to have a look? It's not a horrid job. Be prepared to replace the gaskets if you do pull the cam covers off. Again, it's not a difficult job and the passenger side is a little easier than the driver's side. I had to sand the rust off the spark plug tubes before I replaced those gaskets but that was about the only complication I encountered.

Are you prepared to drop the oil pan? If you are right and it's internal, it sounds like this is the best way of determining if there are metal filings that would indicate unusual bearing wear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im doing the easy stuff to check before i goto dealer and open can of worms. I got a power train 36mo/30,000 ext warranty when bought oct 19. So if it was easy id just do it to save hassle honestly though.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
8,942 Posts
Please update this thread with your findings.
Having the extended warranty may be your ace in the hole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts