Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,880 Posts
I was thinking about this thread today while I was driving behind a CTS sedan. Remind us again of the budget. Could it be possible that if you shop well, you could get into a Sedan V, auto trans?
Then we could really hear about gas mileage and premium fuel prices.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,798 Posts
Then we could really hear about gas mileage and premium fuel prices.
that's what holding me back. One more bill to pay off!!!...then i'm steppin up my game!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
So I originally only considered the sedan but after seeing the coupe in person I'm leaning more towards it now.

Few questions on options

Is the vented seat option worth limiting my available vehicle selections greatly? Do they work decent?

With the Nsv system option is it just an addition of the nav screen for navigation or is there any other benefit to the upgrade?
I believe with the Nav upgrade the back up camera is on the nav screen and not on the rear view mirror. How is the functionality of the rear view mirror back up camera? Can you see it decent or is it worthless!?

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,110 Posts
I enjoy the heated/cooled seats. Worth it 110%.
Didn't like the look of the Nav system, but with the coupe a backup cam is almost a necessity.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
So I originally only considered the sedan but after seeing the coupe in person I'm leaning more towards it now.

Few questions on options

Is the vented seat option worth limiting my available vehicle selections greatly? Do they work decent?

With the Nsv system option is it just an addition of the nav screen for navigation or is there any other benefit to the upgrade?
I believe with the Nav upgrade the back up camera is on the nav screen and not on the rear view mirror. How is the functionality of the rear view mirror back up camera? Can you see it decent or is it worthless!?
The heating seats feels good if u have a sore or bad back. Great in the winter. Unfortunately, mine isn't the heating/cooling option. The back-up camera seen in the rear view mirror is relatively small. It was cool at first, now that I'm getting older, my eyes aren't the best. i have to wear glasses to read up close. My progressive glasses has the bifocal at the bottom of my glasses. i have to tilt my head way back to see the view in my view in the mirror clearly. 🤬 Right now, i can see clearly enough without my glasses for a 90% accuracy.

i don't have Nav, but I do have OnStar Turn-by-Turn Directions. It's ok for what i need. I don't drive too many places i haven't been.

Good luck on you search. What are you looking for?

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
3,104 Posts
Anyone notice the the number of cars for sale has dropped waaay off lately and prices are up unless way over 100k miles. Market has really changed. May be a better time to sell than buy (and car-working-on months here are just starting.

·
Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
314 Posts
For old cold fingers in the winter [Minnesota] the heated steering wheel is a must after having two coupes with it [and one Performance coupe without]. Now if they had a nose heater...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
The heating seats feels good if u have a sore or bad back. Great in the winter. Unfortunately, mine isn't the heating/cooling option. The back-up camera seen in the rear view mirror is relatively small. It was cool at first, now that I'm getting older, my eyes aren't the best. i have to wear glasses to read up close. My progressive glasses has the bifocal at the bottom of my glasses. i have to tilt my head way back to see the view in my view in the mirror clearly. 🤬 Right now, i can see clearly enough without my glasses for a 90% accuracy.

i don't have Nav, but I do have OnStar Turn-by-Turn Directions. It's ok for what i need. I don't drive too many places i haven't been.

Good luck on you search. What are you looking for?
Looking for a 2012-2013 (2014 if a coupe) CTS AWD 3.6L
Must have bose 10 speaker, heated seats, fog lights, HID headlights

Prefer Nav, vented seats

Like the interior look for the performance package better than Luxury but not a big deal. Wood grain is for my grandfather!

Ebony interior is out, don't like the looks.

Exterior color silver, grey, white, black, blue in preference order.

I've done my research and know what I want and don't want. Ready to finally find and buy my car

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Looking for a 2012-2013 (2014 if a coupe) CTS AWD 3.6L
Must have bose 10 speaker, heated seats, fog lights, HID headlights

Prefer Nav, vented seats

Like the interior look for the performance package better than Luxury but not a big deal. Wood grain is for my grandfather!

Ebony interior is out, don't like the looks.

Exterior color silver, grey, white, black, blue in preference order.

I've done my research and know what I want and don't want. Ready to finally find and buy my car
What area? What price? you trading in? (I'm sorry, my inner salesman got out 😄)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
What area? What price? you trading in? (I'm sorry, my inner salesman got out 😄)
I'm in Michigan, Metro Detroit
Guessing I'll pay between 16k-25k based on my searches depending on mileage more so than options or trim package.
No trade in, 750 credit score, very favorable income to debt ratio. Only downside is I have limited payment history bring as I have been paying cash for everything for the last 10+years and I just started a new job

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,429 Posts
I'm in Michigan, Metro Detroit
Guessing I'll pay between 16k-25k based on my searches depending on mileage more so than options or trim package.
No trade in, 750 credit score, very favorable income to debt ratio. Only downside is I have limited payment history bring as I have been paying cash for everything for the last 10+years and I just started a new job
Reminds me of my father-in-law. He was a banker on Wall Street in NYC. Paid cash for his house in a tony neighborhood. Had zero debt. Bought a home on the Outer Banks (cash of course). So he started going back and forth between the two places. He applied for a gasoline credit card - and was denied! He was irate, wrote Exxon-Mobil and blasted them. They then sent him a card which he promptly retuned with I'm sure some choice language, lol.

Reactions: 2015CBR1000rr

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Yeah it's funny how lenders treat you when you have been responsible enough or make enough money that you don't need their credit cards and loans.
It's like they are punishing you cuz they didn't get to milk you for all you're worth strapping you into payments you can barely afford to make.
Even more surprising there are many times I was told they would not negotiate on price because I was paying cash. Crazy their mark ups, selling fees, processing fees, and commissions aren't enough. They want that consistent interest payment.
Not all are that way though. I bought a new old stock sportbike a few years back and paid cash. They tried the whole "if cash we have no room to negotiate" speel til I pulled out the cash, showed it to them, then left my number and walked out. Wasn't a few hours later they called and agreed to my offer.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,429 Posts
LOL... Bastards

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yes, Cash is King.
Let me suggest you first go to a credit union for a car loan and get approved before you buy any car to see what they will give you for an interest rate.
ask how much will it cost for GAP insurance. as you know if the car gets totaled you will never get the sales price of the car, oh no, you get the trade-in value from the car insurance co. So GAP insurance will not cover the reaming balance of the loan, and NEVER by it from the dealer they will charge you twice as much so they get a kickback. Only buy it from the loan company directly.

at dealerships the MO is they will get you a loan but the interest rate will be higher plus the dealership will get a 1%+ spiff for the loan.

Extended warranty. other than a CPO car that comes with a warranty from the factory, when you buy a used car you get all the problems that car will have. It will come with a document that will read, AS IS NO WARRANTY. So buyer beware.
Extended warranties are very negotiable. SHOP around. You can buy extended warranties from many good and very bad places.
I bought my Cadillac from a Dodge dealer, Not a Cadillac dealer. The Cadillac dealer will charge more for their brand car.
You will see a few salespeople at the dealership. The car salesperson, the warranty salesperson, the service salesperson, the finance salseperson. They all are paid on commission, no sale no pay. They will always try to sell at the highest price More commish.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Yes, Cash is King.
Let me suggest you first go to a credit union for a car loan and get approved before you buy any car to see what they will give you for an interest rate.
ask how much will it cost for GAP insurance. as you know if the car gets totaled you will never get the sales price of the car, oh no, you get the trade-in value from the car insurance co. So GAP insurance will not cover the reaming balance of the loan, and NEVER by it from the dealer they will charge you twice as much so they get a kickback. Only buy it from the loan company directly.

at dealerships the MO is they will get you a loan but the interest rate will be higher plus the dealership will get a 1%+ spiff for the loan.

Extended warranty. other than a CPO car that comes with a warranty from the factory, when you buy a used car you get all the problems that car will have. It will come with a document that will read, AS IS NO WARRANTY. So buyer beware.
Extended warranties are very negotiable. SHOP around. You can buy extended warranties from many good and very bad places.
I bought my Cadillac from a Dodge dealer, Not a Cadillac dealer. The Cadillac dealer will charge more for their brand car.
You will see a few salespeople at the dealership. The car salesperson, the warranty salesperson, the service salesperson, the finance salseperson. They all are paid on commission, no sale no pay. They will always try to sell at the highest price More commish.
Appreciate the inside info.

This being the first vehicle since the early 2000's I will actually be financing I will for certain be looking into the gap insurance and an extended warranty.

I know these cars are pretty reliable aside from the timing chains but you never know.
I will most likely look at a short term or low mileage warrant such as a 2yr/40k miles warranty.
I do all my own maintenance and the timing chain won't be an issue for me but if the car has issues it would be nice to have it under a warranty at least initially.

Gap insurance is a no brainer if you are financing especially if it's a decent amount of money.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,110 Posts
Everything's negotiable. EVERYTHING.
I always get pre-approved from my credit union and challenge the dealer finance department to beat it. They actually did with my Tahoe, but three months later the market changed and I re-fi'd with my CU for an even lower rate.
I once refused an extended warranty twice, each time at a lower price. They came back a third time at signing, lower yet and I bit. It ended up paying for itself in the long term.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I bought my 2011 caddy with 50,000 miles that had just come off the Cadillac Ext warranty. I bought the extended warranty Bumper to Bumper 3 yrs. 36,000 miles for $2,200.I rolled into the car loan Interest was 2.35% The Dodge dealership owned the warranty and it was administrated by a third party. Most of these types of warranties read must be repaired at the selling dealer. Now, I was in the car business and I called on this Dodge dealer and the Cadillac dealership that was right across the street, I inspected all their lease return cars.
The Dodge dealer did not want anything to do with repairing a Cadillac under ext. warranty. Remember all the people at dealerships are paid on commission. So I talked to the Dodge service manager and explained I just bought the caddy from them and did he ever want to do the ext warranty work on the caddy. he told NO take it to that caddy dealer and have them call me if it breaks.
The caddy dealer has billed warranty work for over $11,000 in three years.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I get it though, they are in the business of making money.
As a former Dodge salesman, we hated to see cash customers. Like everyone is saying, it's all about the payments. We could squeeze all kinds of stuff in a payment AND have you finance it for a rate that you wouldn't know if it was a good rate or not. Remember, finance means paying more for what you thought you you were paying. Try not to finance your extended warranty. I paid the $1875 up front. i didn't want it end up $2300.

If you get the LFX engine, the timing chain issue is mute. That was was an issue of the older models.

As Pop would say "if you can't pay for it in cash...you can't afford it"

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
As a former Dodge salesman, we hated to see cash customers. Like everyone is saying, it's all about the payments. We could squeeze all kinds of stuff in a payment AND have you finance it for a rate that you wouldn't know if it was a good rate or not. Remember, finance means paying more for what you thought you you were paying. Try not to finance your extended warranty. I paid the $1875 up front. i didn't want it end up $2300.

If you get the LFX engine, the timing chain issue is mute. That was was an issue of the older models.

As Pop would say "if you can't pay for it in cash...you can't afford it"
Is the LFX engine the 318hp VVT 3.6L offered only in 2012 and up CTS's?

81 - 100 of 165 Posts