Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (99k miles)
1,264 Posts
If you are planning on buying a 7 year old car, isn't it best to buy the top of the line model? Depreciation on accessories is bad so what might of been a 20-30k difference in MSRP new is probably only a couple thousand dollar difference now at most. Might as well get all you can no? Premium will have nice goodies like remote start and navigation.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,132 Posts
Those options can be had in the performance collection as well.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,462 Posts
Only worth it if you actually want those options. A 13 year old disc based nav is useless, even if it still works.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I am only looking at the 3.6l in the performance or premium packages.
Only thing I don't about the premium trim is the wood trim on the interior but can live with it if I have to.

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
229 Posts
Only worth it if you actually want those options. A 13 year old disc based nav is useless, even if it still works.

Absolutely untrue. My nav system recognized a road that didn't exist when the car was built, and that Google Maps apparently didn't know about. I'm not sure, but I suspect if you pay the whopping $27/year for the SiriusXM traffic service, you get map updates.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,798 Posts
Those options can be had in the performance collection as well.
Unfortunate, i don't have Nav...had to settle for OnStar (14 was the last make of the coupe, wasn't tooo many new ones left). a bit pricey, i mostly subscribe to it because of' its anti-theft protection & recovery pkg. it's Turn-by-turn nav is "ear" depended (in my case, left ear deepened :cautious:). As compared to Google Maps or a full screen Nav system where you get a visual idea of where you are going also.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,884 Posts
Absolutely untrue. My nav system recognized a road that didn't exist when the car was built, and that Google Maps apparently didn't know about. I'm not sure, but I suspect if you pay the whopping $27/year for the SiriusXM traffic service, you get map updates.
I have the original 2011 Nav. no updates. Living in Las Vegas they build new housing development in a week. All new roads every month.
Yes, the van screen will show a new road when you drive on or are very close to it, but it will not recognize a go-to address on that new road from the address screen.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
That's why he should get a TOO door! :ROFLMAO: :cool:

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I haven't driven a coupe but with such limited rear seat space I don't see the point.
The wagon just isn't my style, although I do like how they look it reminds me too much of the Chrysler whatever it was, magnum maybe?
I will definitely be getting a sedan, just need to find the right one now

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Yea, you're right, it was the Dodge Magnum. I sold plenty of them!!! (tha dar thing got a Hemi?!!!). I knew i wasn't putting people in the back seat. Kids are grown and I'm not a taxi (oops, showed my age...Uber or Lyft :p)

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Yea, you're right, it was the Dodge Magnum. I sold plenty of them!!! (tha dar thing got a Hemi?!!!). I knew i wasn't putting people in the back seat. Kids are grown and I'm not a taxi (oops, showed my age...Uber or Lyft :p)
I'm sure the coupe is a really nice car but if I was gonna buy a 2 seater vehicle it wouldn't be a CTS.
Anyone drive both the coupe and sedan? Curious what the difference is from a drivers perspective.
As I am in the market for a CTS I am finding there is a much larger market in used coupes for sale compared to the sedans

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,132 Posts
HurstGN went from a sedan to a coupe, maybe he'll chime in.
I know he loves the coupe...why wouldn't anyone?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
HurstGN went from a sedan to a coupe, maybe he'll chime in.
I know he loves the coupe...why wouldn't anyone?
i love my so much i actually have nightmares about it being stolen!!!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,159 Posts
Well, you're in good shape financially, sedans are the least desireable and sell for much less than wagons or coupes. They made many more sedans so shop for the exact options and colours you want, and you'll get a good deal!

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,462 Posts
I'm sure the coupe is a really nice car but if I was gonna buy a 2 seater vehicle it wouldn't be a CTS.
I agree with you on this, much better 2 door options available. Never driven the coupe but given that 90% of the car is identical to the sedan, it can't be that much different.

The only real differences are downsides for me: goofy proportions (especially the rear end), lack of space inside, no visibility. They have the same wheelbase, similar if not same weight, so there's no performance benefits. You can put wider tires on the coupe, that's about it.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
3,109 Posts
I have many options (FRAC cars are really cheap right now, bunch on Marketplace under $3k). Some CTS things must have been driven by marketeers (3.73 posi rear end, rear seat not suitable for anyone with legs (am making like my Reatta - carpeted area behind the seats with a passthrough.)) or are really dumb (no spare tire, staggered wheels with a 1/2" stagger)). If I want to haul people/things there is the Grand Cherokee.

Wanted a "Sport Coupe" but have had Corvettes and Camaros.No Fords. Not much left. Challenger is bigger and weighs more than a CTS.

Of course being an "empty nester" have many choices. Do think cars became too complex for sanity around 2015 (Tesla is only autominous car I know of that tried to drive under a semi). So have two DDs nearing a decade, two retractables around 20 years old, three oddballs @ 30, and a 50 year old "muscle car" (need to thin the herd a bit, is getting crowded). Do not need a MPV just take whatever is appropriate.

Yes some things about the CTS do annoy me (worse MPG than the Jeep) but am slowly making it the way I want it to be. Doubt that will do what it really needs (about a 3.08 rear gear) but is just a nice high speed road car. And I like a touchscreen.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,159 Posts
I was thinking about this thread today while I was driving behind a CTS sedan. Remind us again of the budget. Could it be possible that if you shop well, you could get into a Sedan V, auto trans?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I was thinking about this thread today while I was driving behind a CTS sedan. Remind us again of the budget. Could it be possible that if you shop well, you could get into a Sedan V, auto trans?
(But make sure you add up the insurance & gas increase as part of your budget...and tickets :p )

61 - 80 of 165 Posts