Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,462 Posts
Others might chime in with more detail, but I think there were more problems with the AWD cars before 2012. Wasn't there driveshaft problems that were fixed in '12? I don't know for sure since I have RWD, but remember seeing all the threads on here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,110 Posts
Non-V sedan, coupe, and wagon are available in both configurations.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
My biggest concern at this point in looking at available cars is being able to tell if the sunroof drains have been leaking. Concerns me all the electrical issues these plugged drains have caused

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
My biggest concern at this point in looking at available cars is being able to tell if the sunroof drains have been leaking. Concerns me all the electrical issues these plugged drains have caused
Check the headliner for staining and test every function of every option.
They don't all leak.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Check the headliner for staining and test every function of every option.
They don't all leak.
Cleaning and opening up those grommets will be the first thing I do when I purchase the car for sure. Here in the Detroit area many individual and dealers will sell a vehicle with issues in a heartbeat if they can so it's buyer beware here for sure.
Thanks for the advice, guess I'll have to spend some serious time investigating for water marks and trying/testing every function of everything electronic in the car.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,159 Posts
If I lived in Detroit... I'd find a nice one in a southern state, fly in, drive home. Seems to be a great selection in TX and FL always.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
If I lived in Detroit... I'd find a nice one in a southern state, fly in, drive home. Seems to be a great selection in TX and FL always.
Yeah I've noticed that as well. Plus the pricing is much better in those areas with lower miles. I've been looking nationwide. Luckily I'm in no rush so I can take my time and find the right one for me. Cooled/vented seats are climbing up my wants list and the 318hp 3.6l is as well over the 304hp earlier version

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,798 Posts
FYI, the coupe (and wagon) was still available in '14 as a Gen II offering.
Might help with the search.
True, i love my '14 Performance Coupe. People are still surprised when i tell them it's a '14. i live in the north, so a brought a $1000 hooptie for when they start putting down brine and salt for the winter.

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
True, i love my '14 Performance Coupe. People are still surprised when i tell them it's a '14. i live in the north, so a brought a $1000 hooptie for when they start putting down brine and salt for the winter.
:cool: (y) (y)

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Love that tune from back in the day when I rolled a 'heavily oxidized' '85 Caprice for a winter rat.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Love that tune from back in the day when I rolled a 'heavily oxidized' '85 Caprice for a winter rat.
you were ahead of your time! sportin the "patina" look!!! LOL

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
you were ahead of your time! sportin the "patina" look!!! LOL
Right? I had an exhaust that dumped plumes of smoke before that was cool, too.
I'm an innovator!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Right? I had an exhaust that dumped plumes of smoke before that was cool, too.
I'm an innovator!
Let me guess, when someone was following you...you just stepped on the gas and left a trail oil behind you!!! i forget. do you still like yours "shakin but not stirred"? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Anyone have experience with an Overkill tune on a completely stock car?
Tune claims are much better driveability, not so much a performance improvement

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
227 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have been wanting the 2nd gen CTS since before they actually were available to the public. My opinion is it's one of if not the best looking vehicle on the road. Of course I would prefer the V model due to cost and needing a winter vehicle it's not gonna happen.
The 2014 and newer is clearly an excellent car but I think the engineers missed the boat with the pointy fender top headlights and small sloped front end.
Im dead set on this gen CTS just trying to figure out if there is a benefit to the 2012-2013 years over the 2010-2011 that out weights or offsets the cost difference
The engine is slightly more powerful, which doesn't matter, but is less likely to take a shit, which does. (My timing chain is going.) The grille also looks better.

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
227 Posts
Yeah I've noticed that as well. Plus the pricing is much better in those areas with lower miles. I've been looking nationwide. Luckily I'm in no rush so I can take my time and find the right one for me. Cooled/vented seats are climbing up my wants list and the 318hp 3.6l is as well over the 304hp earlier version
Also, no rust.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,880 Posts
My first car was a coupe and most of MY cars have been coupes or 2 seater roadsters or fast bikes. If someone wants to buy me a car I might take it. But I buy what I want to drive, I am not someone's chauffeur.

The first chauffeurs were people employed to stoke a steam engine and keep it running. The literal meaning of the French noun chauffeur (from the verb chauffer, meaning "to heat") is "one that heats." In the early days of automobiles, French speakers extended the word to those who drove the "horseless carriage," and it eventually developed an extended sense specifically for someone hired to drive other people. It was this latter sense that was borrowed into English in the late 19th century. Incidentally, the French word chauffeur derives from the same Anglo-French word that gave English speakers the verb chafe, and ultimately can be traced back to the Latin verb calēre ("to be warm").

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,462 Posts
Anyone have experience with an Overkill tune on a completely stock car?
Tune claims are much better driveability, not so much a performance improvement
No Overkill experience but I have the Trifecta tune on a stock car and would describe it the exact same way. No huge performance increase, but significantly noticable difference in throttle response and shifting - it drives more like it should have in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 165 Posts