Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the rear deck opens to full then after about 30 seconds it begins to close and stops at about half open.
Hit my head on it ....pisses me off. Any solutions besides a GM dealer rip off ???

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
264 Posts
That's what mine did. Hit me on the head while I was loading something. Its your struts. They are not able to hold the weight of the hatch after it opens. Mine would open fully then gradually drop back to about 3/4 to 1/2 open.

Phil

·
Registered
2011 SRX premium
6 Posts
do you know the recall number? Mine just started doing this and I work out of the back of my car! Hit my head a few times and if I can get it fixed under a recall that would make my day

·
0 Posts
I have a 2010 went to GM Recall Center enter my vin only recalls that showed up were toe link and radio nav.

12,778 Posts
Hi Hanham,
I am sorry you are experiencing concerns on your Cadillac SRX. I understand how frustrating it can be to have problems with your rear deck, especially if the concern could cause an injury. I understand you are looking for advice from the forum, but if you would like to send us a private message with your VIN I can look to see if there are any service announcements or recalls open on your vehicle.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 9 of 9 Posts