Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Considering a V sedan
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that a rear end cooler is available for order with the car, but don't see it as an option in the brochure or on line. I'd also like to get the yellow brake calipers. Are both of these things available when ordering the car?

·
Registered
13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)
662 Posts
The rear diff cooler is a dealer installed option. The yellow calipers are part of the Satin Graphite Wheel option package.

·
Registered
Considering a V sedan
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rear diff cooler is a dealer installed option. The yellow calipers are part of the Satin Graphite Wheel option package.
Interesting. You'd think that something like that would be something that could be ordered from the factory. So, the satin wheel/yellow caliper deal is one that must be a fairly recent option. I don't see it on their web-site or in the brochure. How much is that option? I'm talking sedan here...

·
Registered
none
295 Posts
The satin graphite wheels with yellow calipers (RB9) is an $800 option (same as polished wheel option). The rear differential cooler is not yet available (as of 2 weeks ago when I ordered) and I'm not sure when it will be available. D3 does offer this cooler from their company.

·
Registered
Considering a V sedan
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The satin graphite wheels with yellow calipers (RB9) is an $800 option (same as polished wheel option). The rear differential cooler is not yet available (as of 2 weeks ago when I ordered) and I'm not sure when it will be available. D3 does offer this cooler from their company.
Great information. Thank you. I was aware of the D3 option, but was wondering if Cadillac does in fact plan to offer the cooler as a factory option. (I feel like I have heard this somewhere recently). This type of equipment is most certainly something that should be offered by the factory, if it is to be offered. No offense to dealers, but I don't want them near my car.

·
Registered
1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9
568 Posts
It was posted a few weeks back with a link to GM that the diff coolers WILL be available from the factory starting with MARCH build dates.
George

·
Registered
none
295 Posts
I had heard that also, but along with the black grills.......I'll patiently await a part number. I will definitely add it when they are available.

·
Registered
13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)
662 Posts
It was posted a few weeks back with a link to GM that the diff coolers WILL be available from the factory starting with MARCH build dates.
George
I talked to some of the people here, no one here believes that the Diff cooler will be a factory installed option, my info says it will continue to be a dealer installed accessory that can be added at any time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts