Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS coupe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Rocky Point, NY (11778) and I tried yesterday to put in the address of a restaurant about 12 miles away. The address of this restaurant, as published on its website, is
2548 Nesconset Highway, Stony Brook, NY (11790). Nesconset Highway is also known as NY Route 347. The nav system would not allow me to put in this address. Whenever I got the first
few letters out, it would come up with name (or several names) it "thought" I was looking for. Does anyone reading here know of a way around this problem?

Thanx--doug

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,166 Posts
How new is the restaurant? It might not be in your outdated nav software. For a mere couple hundred bucks you can buy the latest update for your system... and that restaurant still may not be in your system. Google Maps is your friend. Our nav system is terrible.

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Worked for me. As soon as I entered the 'S' of NESCONSET this is what came up on the screen:

View attachment 310226

My Nav is a 2012 version. Don't know the L.I. area, but I'm guessing Nesconset Hwy is an old established name for the road.
No idea why it your Nav is not cooperating.

All that being said, I agree with Tinman. Use Google maps. The V's nav is equivalent to trying to start a fire by rubbing 2 sticks together.

·
Registered
17 Escalade,17 Chevy SS,88Corvette,71Corvette
458 Posts
You can also just put in RT...should then come up RT- with a bunch of numbers with 347 being one of the choices.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V wagon
500 Posts
I'm tending to use an app called waze now instead of google maps, although I think google bought them. Waze also has traffic, hazards and any reported police speed traps. The traffic/hazard/police data is user reported so can be very accurate when there are alot of users in your area or awful if there are no users.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,166 Posts
I love Waze, especially on the open highway. And I also heard that Google bought Waze.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts