Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS Luxury (Rear V Conversion) black on black
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have not vanished, have not become terminally ill, i have not moved to mexico or cuba, and i have not died

I AM HERE AND I HAVE RETURNED now that i am home from school and before my season starts in the Can Am League in NY, CANADA (ya mike come to Quebec and ill take you to dinner) and NJ

but yes i have come back. i have missed you all, i need to catch up on probably the last 7 pages of threads since December (ish) but i thought id ring in the new year by posting my pics of my car that i have not washed since October 26th b/c thats when teh snow started to fall and i couldnt get my car out to the wash or couldnt wash it outside b/c water would freeze so here are some b4 and after pics i brought to start off my 2011 on CADDYFOURMS. Enjoy :bouncy:

WAHHH LAHHHHH

as for my HIDs, i know longsnapper made fun of me that i only drive w/ my HID foglights on and no headlights b/c having both on are too bright.. i finally got pics of both
Pic 1 is just HID FOGS
Pic 2 is HID FOGS and HEADS (pic doesnt do justice)

the only difference is my garage to the top right of the screen is lit with my headlights on, and i just have a bit more to the side of me lit up.. to me its not a big difference

just how bright the fogs are

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS
14 Posts
how many K's and what brand u use??? I hv no clue what brand to go with & I love how the resolution is..THANX

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2 5M
614 Posts
That V-Bumper is so bad ass. I have the blue CTS also and would love to get one of those this summer!

Thanks for the pics Cadillac Kid!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the v bumper would look better if i didnt hit a curb b4 englishtown.. tunix i know you talked about getting a bumper for your car.. u should also tint your tail lights.. they are much better than ugly red against our color blue more of a darker color thru out

and i am 6000k bright white from DDM tuning.. love them

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just really bored tunex so here you go.. ill thread jack my own thread :thumbsup:

V BUMPER

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2 5M
614 Posts
Okay I have officially drolled on myself and pitched a tent.

Is your taillight tint vinyl or something like Nite Shade? Did you do it yourself?

Also what are the prices on that bumper and difficulty installing? I think ill be gawking at your pictures all day now lol

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
I don't know pricing, but installing isn't difficult at all. I've had to remove the standard bumper before to install HIDs, so reinstalling the CTS-V bumper would be the exact same.

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
the second time i had to take my bumper off for HID problems (my own fault) i had it off in 5min, maybe less. so once you know what you're doing and where everything is, it's a cakewalk.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
welcome back.
quebec isnt all that close to me, actually i think NY is closer hahah
dude u gotta paint that grill....seriously.

are you going to have your car when you are in canada?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Andrew- Thank you for the comments :)

Tunix- I hope those pics inspire you to put your V bumper on ASAP if you find one. if you want feel free to put my picture as your wallpaper on your desktop :)

as for the V bumper.. it took me like 1 hr the first time b/c i didnt wanna break anything for my HID install and it its like legit 8 pins on the top of the hood/grill section, then the three slide on bolt things inside the wheel well were it clips in.. like legit when i did my V bumper the next month. my bumper was on and off in a matter of 25 minutes. Its a pain at 1st but its a sinch afterwards.

The tail lights are 3 Shades of VHT nightshade, professionally done off of Ebay for 300 buks, the reverse lights have 2 Layers of VHT done myself and 3rd brake light is 5 shades of VHT done myself

Mike, my car may be up in canada but i still wanna take you do dinner :p would u like to be my date?

o and mike im not painting the grill b/c like i said i like the look of it b/c it matches the mesh, but when i get the sports grill i will match the sports grill of course
thanks for the welcome back i should be on here alot unitl may

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
when are you going to be in quebec and about how long for? i know of a few places that are good to party around there, one is on a Intrawest resort Mt. Tremblanc.
my cuzin goes to school around there so im sure she knows some good places to go 2 too.

did you say you know some(semi) famous girls and her sister that live in canada? toronto i think you said.
when you are down i will try to make some time, but my schedules kind of crazy usually with work(i work every other weekend but when im off its a 3 day weekend) and ive got a few guys on the chopping block, had to give a final warning last week to 1 of them, which means ill be pulling overtime as soon as them mess up again(which i know is about to happen).
hopefully we can maybe even set up a CTS meet, as for date, as long as its to the Keg and bills on you LMAO.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aalot being said mike

umm first ya i will be in quebec, i dont know when unitl i get my schedule from my supervisor. i would only be there probably for a 3 day weekend b/c i would be up there on work, i would be umpiring up there so i would have a game every day at 7:05 or 1:05, i dont iknow if i am going to a driver so i am not sure if im going to have my car or not, but still meeting up for dinner would be good

and umm ya i think your talking about brandi shes 23 thats miley's older sister. they used to live in canada when her dad worked for DOC (that tv soap opera) so ik they would love to come to canada for a weekend and party, ik for a fact i can get both of them up tehre.. we can party hard even if its after my job this summer that usuall ends around labor day

·
Registered
2013 Premium CTS4 Wagon
187 Posts
Sorry if this was already asked, but I'm too lazy to read everything. Where did you get ur V bumper, and where did you get the mesh grill for it? I know I can find the V bumper online, but i have had alot of problems trying to find the mesh grill for it so if you could help it would mean a lot.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cadillac members shouldnt be lazy, were r lively people

i got the bumper off of a CTS-V totaled in TX around 4 years ago, when i was 15 when i bought my car, never got around to it.. think i paid 200 for it all including shipping,

the mesh grill u can find on ebay for like 295 if you want it asap or search around, i got mine from a member on here for a good price, slightly damaged which is y the Grill is upside down b/c the license plate bracket is hiding the broke mesh.

it took me 4 years to do this.. its not something you can just buy and put on your car unless u have money up the ass..

if i were shop around and look for a good deal

·
Registered
2013 Premium CTS4 Wagon
187 Posts
You obviously took the 'lazy' comment out of context.... and just to let you know, if you were trying to impress me by saying it only took you 4 years to do that then your just asking to get shown up

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
You obviously took the 'lazy' comment out of context.... and just to let you know, if you were trying to impress me by saying it only took you 4 years to do that then your just asking to get shown up
took/taking me:
1.5yrs to change triangle bulbs [done]
2.5yrs and counting - steering position sensor, part next to my tv
1 year and counting- valve cover gasket leaking,small leak, part in closet
1 year and counting - exhaust, sitting in my garage
4 weeks and counting - Eibachs sitting under my bed
recondition leather, have been looking for a good local product 2 years.
Projector Fogs - 1 year and counting, now thinkin of trying to mod sts fogs.

so i think i may win the lazy contest.....

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
recondition leather, have been looking for a good local product 2 years.
if you find something let me know, the guys at NAPA said they would order me SEM Soap and SEM Classic Coat for leather.. but that was 4 months ago, i guess i'll look into SEM products (and others) at other stores more this spring when the weather is more suitable to do the work. but from what i've read SEM is top-notch so im most likely going to try and find it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts